[SEASONAL EVENT] When you try your best but you don't succeed
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Tell me little dear if you've only lived here,
have you ever really lived at all?

Sam resisted for the smallest fraction of a second against the hands on his (rising panic, thoughts of someone come to take him for his crime, for daring to enter the Spire, for daring to think he was special) but relaxed at the feel of the blanket, the comfort almost as good as the arms from before.

He heard the click of hooves on the floor and tried to look over, confused. But as soon as he moved his head the world began to blur and spin and he tipped himself back upright. Oh. Isla had died, become a Unicorn. He remembered now. Exactly how this transformation had come about he couldn't quite recall, but knowing the healer was here in at some form helped him to calm down.

Remi's hands pushing down on his shoulders were taken easily, Sam relaxing his body with trust in Isla. He glanced up at the sound of Remi's voice (there was something in him that reacted more than was usual to a practical stranger's voice, something he was not in a state to analyse) and closed his eyes tight, worried whatever was about to happen would hurt even more than the body-wracking throbs coming from his head.

And it didn't, not really, but the sudden shift of everything still made Sam tense up, his body arching up off of the table for a moment as he grit his teeth. It was all building, worsening, moving and clicking and --suddenly, there was a sweet, all-encompassing release. With a sigh of relief he let himself completely untense, opened his eyes to look up at Remi and then Isla.

"Th...thank you. Both of you." He said to them with a small, gentle smile. "I owe you my life." While the wound would not of killed him by itself, any more of it in addition to his screaming thoughts and he would have found his own end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Samuel - 04-06-2019, 05:07 PM