Awake, Confused, and Hoping to Move On.

Age: 26 | Height: 5'2'' | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: KeebahSan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

CAELYNN

You wake up every morning to fight the same
demons that left you so tired the nights before.

This travel, these steps from her home to the port, have been the weirdest that she’s ever experienced. She’s never felt so new in a place, not even in a place she’s never seen before. How odd, to be in the location you’ve known as your home for your whole life and it to look so different. Just yesterday her plate was warm and her tea hot, sitting by the warmth to eat. Then today she wakes up, her meal is completely rotted through and dry, her drink cup empty with film of leftover tea inside the mug. A mug made by her father from her favorite crystal found in the caves they used to dive into nearly daily.

"What has happened?" She couldn’t believe her own eyes, telling her that her home is not her home. That she isn’t in The Climb, that she’s somewhere else. Deep down she knows she’s home, the lava and the heat, it’s the same, but it looks so *grown*. Her thoughts drift to how alone she feels, how this would be so much better with Frankie around. Taking in her surroundings she bit her lip her fang threatening to tear the soft muscle. Her tail tightened around her thigh for a second. She’d always preferred that it wrap around her leg, it kept her tail from being in the way of others and knocking things over or creating too much sound. Today she had to let her tail lose to droop to the ground and drag behind her, her stress causing the tail to tighten too much, restricting her legs movement.

Thinking to herself she trembled, Just breathe Caelynn. The flora, it’s similar, you know this place. This is home. Just go to the ports, someone will be there. Nodding to herself she adjusted her cropped off top, adjusted the hips of her long lightweight pants, and strapped her leather bag across her back.

Using the knowledge she had about the home she knew, she guided herself to the ports. When she arrived, expecting to see boats and sailors on the waters carefully tied a length away from the lava shores, she sighed and took a break on a nearby solid chunk of cooled rock that was once rolling hot magma. After sipping from her waterskin she looked around at the shore. Not a boat in sight. Running a hand through her hair she untangled some of her long dark curls from her wide rounded horns. The spikes that stuck randomly around the curl of her horns surprisingly didn’t cause too much of an issue with her hair this morning. Once again she scanned the shores, when a darkness covered where she was seat she looked to the skies, expecting to see cloud cover and possible incoming rain. That would explain the lack of boats and sailors. Instead, nestled above her and roped in safely, she saw something that nearly made her pass out.

A boat, flying above her head. "A flying boat. A boat in the sky like a bird. What the actual fuck? How? What in the fuck is going on!?” She looked at the skin on her arms to make sure they hadn’t gone dry and flaky like Frankie’s. If she were honest she might have admitted that she would have preferred if she had what did died of other than whatever the fuck was having her shitting herself seeing a boat in the fucking sky. Looking around frantically she looked for anyone that could help her. Am I high? Did I put those dangerous mushrooms in my tea again? I promised myself I’d never do that again. Her breathing ran ragged as she tried to scan the area for anything of normalcy.

That my love,
is what they call BRAVERY.

Messages In This Thread
Awake, Confused, and Hoping to Move On. - by Caelynn - 02-04-2024, 06:33 PM