Awake, Confused, and Hoping to Move On.

Age: 26 | Height: 5'2'' | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: KeebahSan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

CAELYNN

You wake up every morning to fight the same
demons that left you so tired the nights before.

Caelynn couldn't believe her ears, war, new gods, what was next? After a few moments she rubbed her brow and watched the waves of the water as they crashed into the rocks nearby. The sound had a soothing effect on her. "I left once when a few years ago. I went and saw Hak Etme and explored the islands flora. My parents were herbologists and I learned my love of nature from them. It was beautiful, I remember the beautiful flora. That was the only time I left. We came home and I spent the rest of my life caring for a loved one I lost recently. I'm only just now getting to explore again."

"Well I hope your visits have been nice! And you've never seen the crystal caves? You'll have to venture in on one of your trips." She listened contently though her mood had been soured a bit by remembering the way her best friend died even under the best care that she and the herbs could do. Not even the most beautiful and large Rae's Lilies had the healing properties to save Frankie. No amount of prayers to Dygra could have healed him, Caelynn understood that sometimes it was just a person's time to go. It must have been his. Shaking it off she turned her attention back to Lena.

Listening intently she cocked her head, "Sounds peculiar. I haven't seen any on my trip here, but I didn't look close enough at the fauna to really tell. After the first sighting *and scenting* of a rotten Spinebloom I practically determined that I was going insane." Caelynn held back a gag at the memory of the spineblooms horrid scent. "Yes, careful indeed. Caelynn began to look around, wondering how and why her world seemed so different.

Caelynn laughed at her explanation of the Voice. "How ridiculous. Dygra has been a fine god, a fun god. I cannot imagine another god wanting to push Dygra around. Dygra is a handful at times and enjoys the games. I cannot imagine a full-on war between the gods, how could I have missed it? I had to have missed it. There's no other explanation." Caelynn shook her head in shock at herself and what she was learning.

Nodding Caelynn blushed at the woman's laugh. She hadn't meant to be funny she was all around anxious and suddenly embarrassed. Coming off as if she was rushing. "Of course." Caelynn sighed in content setting her face into the light breeze that washed over them. "At least the weather is beautiful today. Caelynn made herself laugh, with the craziness that the rest of the day had been from waking up until now, the weather being the calmest and most comfortable made her laugh.

As Lena ate she made small talk, hating to sit in silence with the way she felt. On a normal day, this silence would be beautiful, but today was anything but normal. Her anxieties begged her to quell them, and she only had one way to attempt that. "Longheat must be close. I figured we'd have another 30 mornings before the weather started to get this warm again." Her body acted as if the heat was no bother to her, her skin seemed to glow in the sunlight as if it hadn't seen the sunlight in some 300 years. Her hair as vibrant and soft as it was blew so lightly in the breeze as if every strand had been waiting to get out into the wind again. Today felt different, so different that she'd hoped it was all a dream. That she'd wake up in her bed breathing hard from some sort of psychological nightmare, yet her body knew. She was awake. Anxious, scared, confused, and awake.

That my love,
is what they call BRAVERY.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Awake, Confused, and Hoping to Move On. - by Caelynn - 02-07-2024, 02:23 AM