black holes and revelations

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

Your job was to care for them, not to love them. Safrin inhaled as if struck, turning her face away from Vi out of shame. His next words however rattled her to her core, because it was precisely what she thought. What they all thought, that indeed the cost of the barrier had not been known. The outcome not seen.

She wanted to bring up his love for Mort, to gesture towards the possibility of mistakes made. To say that Ludo and Frey had done no better, that she was not alone in this. But it would do no good. Vi was quite literally her entire world perhaps now more than ever. And so all she could do in the face of his condemnation was bow her head, choking back her vanity and her scalded pride.

"I didn't know what to do. Your orders, their free will...It seemed inevitable after a time. She is clever. So clever and we could not be everywhere. Do you know she reached out beyond the horizon of this world to snatch life? She assembled it within the Spire. They came in drips at first, but then she brought in a hoard of them. It was they who breached the Spire, but they did not do it alone. Even the most pious of our people entered and rose to the top."

A couple stars.. Safrin's perfectly painted lips twisted as she looked towards Vi. "I was not going to let Ludo take them. Even now that they can return to Mort...I cannot let them go, even if it means leaving them in the sky."

Messages In This Thread
black holes and revelations - by Vi - 04-06-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Safrin - 04-06-2019, 06:29 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Vi - 04-07-2019, 02:49 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Safrin - 04-07-2019, 05:45 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Vi - 04-08-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Safrin - 04-08-2019, 06:15 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Vi - 04-08-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Safrin - 04-08-2019, 06:25 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Vi - 04-08-2019, 06:46 PM