Tell me, am I good enough?
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Harper
I'll keep breaking my own heart with dreams
I know I'm still not what I want to be
Harper has always known that his son is soft, fragile in ways he'd sought to protect and never degrade, and even with the temper of both his parents the Stalwart knows it's a fleeting thing. Jude doesn't know how to stoke the sparks of anger into something slow-burning and reliable, and as he watches his son's chin wobble and hears his voice break, he knows - horribly, manipulatively - that this is his chance if he intends to seize it.

But even with that understanding, Harper couldn't have refrained from wrapping his arms around Jude the moment he begins to cry. It's like gravity. A force he can't hope to fight, even as Jude writhes weakly in his arms, trying to refuse the comfort.

"I'm sorry," he cries in turn, quiet and strained with sincerity. Slowly, the two sink down to the carpet in a tangle of limbs. No matter how old or how big Jude may grow, he'll never be too big for Harper to hold; he cradles him against his front, weathering every bony elbow and barbed curse as penance. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I love you." And he always will, and he'll always come back, even if he never should have left in the first place. "I'm here. I'm gonna be right here, Jude."

It's not enough. But it's a start. Gods, he prays it's a start.

- Fin!
But what more do you want from me?

Messages In This Thread
Tell me, am I good enough? - by Jude - 02-22-2024, 11:12 PM
RE: Tell me, am I good enough? - by Harper - 02-22-2024, 11:18 PM
RE: Tell me, am I good enough? - by Jude - 02-22-2024, 11:23 PM
RE: Tell me, am I good enough? - by Harper - 02-22-2024, 11:32 PM
RE: Tell me, am I good enough? - by Jude - 02-22-2024, 11:47 PM
RE: Tell me, am I good enough? - by Harper - 02-23-2024, 12:05 AM
RE: Tell me, am I good enough? - by Jude - 03-10-2024, 09:32 PM
RE: Tell me, am I good enough? - by Harper - 03-17-2024, 11:09 PM