Star-Crossed
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
As she scanned the crowd, trying to find happiness vicariously in the smiles of strangers, her eyes locked on a soul whose mood more mimicked her own. Her heart skipped a beat then fell to her stomach with dread. Just the person she had been trying to forget - Emmett. She swallowed, forcing herself to hold his gaze. Why was he alone? Where was his Natural girlfriend she was convinced he had found in the emotional wake of his newfound hatred for people like her? But instead of a contemptuous glare, he lifted a hand to wave at her. Phoebe froze, unsure what to do. Should she wave back? Should she glare and walk away?

Her feet moved her forward of their own accord, closing the distance between them until she stood in front of where he sat.

For a moment she stayed silent, unsure why she had approached. Unsure what to say. "Won't your Natural friends be mad if they see you waving at someone like me?" she said quietly, her fingers curling into her skirt. Her hurt was suddenly welling up as he sat there, looking at her, waving to her like he hadn't smashed her heart against the ground into a million pieces. "Or is it a new game Natural boys are playing, bed an Outlander girl, break her heart, and see if she is dumb enough to come back?" Though her words were hurtful they lacked the necessary spite of tone to really carry the message. He had made it clear he didn't want her around, and now here he was waving to her. Her lip trembled and she looked at the gress. Being mean wasn't her strong suit, even if he had hurt her. "Sorry." she whispered.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
'Cause I'm just trying to be happy

Messages In This Thread
Star-Crossed - by Phoebe - 04-07-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: Star-Crossed - by Emmett - 04-07-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Star-Crossed - by Phoebe - 04-07-2019, 04:19 PM
RE: Star-Crossed - by Emmett - 04-07-2019, 04:42 PM
RE: Star-Crossed - by Phoebe - 04-07-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Star-Crossed - by Emmett - 04-08-2019, 01:59 PM
RE: Star-Crossed - by Phoebe - 04-08-2019, 02:23 PM