[SE] Omens are for the weak
Open!
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 395
I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see.
The leaves beneath her feet crunch nicely, but each step falls heavy, thoughts weighing her down. An ache sits deep in her heart to return to the ocean. Memories of the crashing waves, salty air, and blinding blue expanse call to her. However, she is uncertain whether the curse has finished running its course yet. Her stomach becomes queasy at the thought.

She ignores the uncomfortable emotions and clutches to the bitter anger festering in her heart. Originally drawn here for the woodland creatures that may satisfy her growing bloodlust, Thal had overheard of a shrine nearby. Now she is driven by more than thirst. It appeared soon after her land-locked travels had begun, slowly growing in her solitude. That is the funny thing about solitude, it either fosters deep enlightenment or uncontrollable rage for the gods.

As she weaves amongst the tall trees, they slowly grow redder with a strangely wrinkled texture. A deathly silence occupies the space of Ludo's Woods. Thal expects to see no living beings but narrows her eyes when a small black shape slinks out from behind a tree. Its dark gaze causes her to freeze in her tracks. The single white patch of its chest is shadowed by the canopy of trees, barely visible, but she doesn't need to see it to know the superstitious rumors. Good thing she's not superstitious.

Thal strikes in an instant. The cat sith doesn't have a chance to escape before the snap of its neck breaks the silence. A quick slice to the neck lets her drain its blood into her mouth. The warmth slides down her throat, dampening the roar of hunger within. She closes her eyes in a second of satisfaction before licking the last remnants from her mouth. Feeling that fate is finally on her side, Thal picks up her pace as she stalks towards the shrine.

Within minutes, the two candles recessed in trunks become apparent. Not much of a shrine, but it would do. She drops the carcass of the cat sith between the trees with a wet thump and squares up against the open air, bearing her bloody fangs. "I bet you got a real laugh out of the little gift that spirit gave me, but next time you will get more entertainment from helping me rather than hindering." The limp corpse sits as both an offered pact and a slapped insult as she lets the anger pour out of her.
Becaue all this time the monster has been me.
THALASSA

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-01-2024, 11:12 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-01-2024, 11:58 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-02-2024, 01:05 AM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-02-2024, 05:31 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-03-2024, 04:29 AM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-03-2024, 01:33 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-03-2024, 09:52 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-05-2024, 09:47 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Thalassa - 03-05-2024, 11:19 PM
RE: [SE] Omens are for the weak - by Maea - 03-06-2024, 12:56 AM