Pickled excuses
for Jigano
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
Chewing, always with the damn chewing, as soon as the mind got cranking he had bit the inside of his cheek ragged before he'd even realized it. A sharp sting and the warm, ferrous taste spread in his mouth again. At least it masked the bitter taste of his own shame. A grown man reduced to tears at the hands of a bard, and all with weapons Are had gladly provided through his usual hasty idiocy.

Still he listened, intently even. Savoring the every stab and cut at his mewling excuses like it was the nectar of gods. Never before had he thought he'd allow himself to be lectured like a boy again, by a skald nonetheless. However much it hurt to hear someone he thought of as a friend speak so harshly, what hurt more was the truth he spoke. All things he'd known for far too long to call his little stunt anything but pig-headed brashness for the sake of doing what felt right in the moment.

Silently, tears still rolling down his cheeks, he nodded. Allowing ample time for the question to settle, sink in and for an answer to take proper shape. No more blurting out whatever came to mind. That had gotten him in enough trouble already, on both sides the veil of time.

At last he couldn't stand it, neither the silence nor the taste of blood in his mouth. He raised the dented tankard and drained it without ceremony, and oh gods the taste. Slamming it back down he fought the reflex to retch and cough. By the fucking gods it was not at all like what little he'd had back home.

Shuddering and snapping back to the matter at hand, Are cleared his throat, hoping the teary eyed and now a bit pale mess he was wouldn't be too too pathetic. "I will not ask forgiveness, gods know I've not earned it. All ask for is understanding, and I leave a promise of being a better man." he said with an ounce of power back in his voice. "To you, to Rory, to all those I have cut with my ignorant flailing, I will do you justice. Most of all, I accept your anger and disappointment, whatever punishment anyone seem fit I shall bear with head held high."

Messages In This Thread
Pickled excuses - by Are - 04-07-2019, 05:36 PM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Jigano - 04-07-2019, 09:28 PM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Are - 04-08-2019, 08:07 AM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Jigano - 04-08-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Are - 04-08-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 02:38 AM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Are - 04-09-2019, 07:50 AM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Jigano - 04-10-2019, 03:47 AM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Are - 04-10-2019, 06:44 AM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Jigano - 04-10-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Pickled excuses - by Are - 04-10-2019, 05:20 PM