Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
The look Jigano gave to Remi was, perhaps surprisingly, sympathetic, but he only nodded his condolences. He didn't really know the man well enough to provide a window into what he had lost, and Remi, at least, still had something of a family with him in the bevy of Northhaveners he had arrived with. They were familiar with his past and his memories, both lost and kept, in a way Jigano was not - and had no wish to be, given their rocky past.

He might not be able to offer the assistance of a friend, but he could still provide the assistance of a lorekeeper, at least. And the inspiration he seemed to have sparked in the young alchemist brought a quirking of his lips that was closer to a true smile than Remi usually got out of him. "A raccoon?" he repeated, a little bemused. "You're continually full of new surprises! But a raccoon would face the same dangers as a man, I would think, in getting caught. Your device idea sounds like a good one, though. Or I suppose if you could trick the tree into closing its branches around something - a dummy or a decoy of some sort - then you could harvest the sap safely from outside its grasp?" He shook the thought off, reminding himself to trust the boy to come up with his own answers.

"Ludo, tainting them?" he repeated, a brow raising in doubt. "Hmm. That doesn't sound right but I suppose we have no way of proving or disproving it." He gave a little shrug, then eyed the alchemist with a wry smile. "Either way, I'm planning to head into the new woods tomorrow, to scout around and see if there are any dangers or outside people close enough to the boundary to be a danger to those here. I'll keep an eye out for these ingredients, and let you know if and where I find them. I should stop by your shop sometime, anyways. I... heard that Sugar is still around." His smile faded a little. He hadn't known Ronin well enough to feel personal sadness at his loss, but he regretted that now he would never have the chance to know him better. "Isuma and she are friends. They might enjoy the chance to play together again." He didn't know that Remi was living out of the Guildhall now, to distracted with other things to keep track of the alchemist he so rarely saw.

Messages In This Thread
Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Jigano - 04-07-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-07-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 05:17 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 03:19 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-09-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-10-2019, 02:49 AM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-10-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-11-2019, 04:28 PM