Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
He was grateful for Remi's distraction in a distant sort of way. It seemed to keep things peaceful between them, the conversation almost comfortable between two... acquaintances. They were that, at least, and if this and their last conversation were anything to go by, even cautiously cordial ones. It was a far preferable state of affairs to what had come before, and it was decidedly... refreshing. Yes, refreshing, even if they were still a little awkward as they found their new footing with each other and imposed their own limits on their tongues.

Such as when Remi admitted he didn't know how much he needed. Jigano kept his expression neutral, not even raising a brow as he nodded receipt of the information. By his tone and grin, the alchemist knew what the bard would have said, had this conversation happened in Deepfrost... and therefore, it didn't need to be said. "A small jar should be more than sufficient," was all he murmured. "Given how potent it's supposed to be."

Briefly touching on Ronin's loss and his dragon's ennui, it was almost a relief to shift to an easier topic of conversation, though it had its own undertones of awkwardness. Remi and he just did not easily ask each other for help, even in professional contexts... though it was somewhat of a relief that it was happening now.

"I haven't," the loreseeker admitted, though curious. "Though I was trying to think of a way to make it more... hmm. More of a tool. Or a weapon," he admitted wryly, glancing down at his slender hands. "Especially as we start going out and encountering things beyond the barrier that might not be friendly. Like Wicker Women. Or banshees." He flipped a page of his notebook and selected a pencil, beginning to sketch in simple, slightly messy lines. "I was thinking... something... almost like a glass or crystal 'dagger' encasing it, but leaving the tip and most of the edges sticking just slightly out," he explained as he drew quickly and then handed Remi the basic design. "With a handle I could more easily hold and manipulate without burning my fingers off. But the problem is that the feather sets just about anything on fire, given long enough to burn against it," he said with a slight grimace. "As I'm sure you found out, working with Rory's. So I'm assuming I'd need a magical - or perhaps an anti-magical? - substance for the dagger's 'blade' and sheath. What do you think?"

Messages In This Thread
Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Jigano - 04-07-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-07-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 05:17 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-09-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 08:31 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-10-2019, 02:49 AM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-10-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-11-2019, 04:28 PM