[se] pull me deep beneath your waves
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
eyes on fire, you are the unforecasted storm
Hotaru hums, intentionally vague in her tone. "Perhaps. But I'm inclined to believe that Vi knows humans, of all things, are not best suited for immortality. That's why we all have our backdoors to death." Creatures with less consciousness might find no issue with eternal life, but humans? "Vi created you; as a man, and as a demigod. I don't think he would go against your nature, when he shaped you with it. Not if he is anything like Mort." And though Mort has her dedication more than anyone, she can't claim to know Vi beyond the parallels of the lovers that they are. Maybe she's wrong - it wouldn't be the first time. She is not Vi's demigod after all.

As Noah's hands reveal the last word on the stone, Hotaru's heart aches. Love is her Achilles heel, and as the spirit swoops in at last, seemingly determined to hurl the flowers on the grave into her face, her magic reaches out. "Peace," she commands, the tone deeper and resonating with magic as her eyes find the gossamer reminders of his. The spirit stops immediately, the vague features of its face turned toward Hotaru. "Your wife is waiting for you. We will ensure you're remembered here. Now go to her." She infuses her last words with as much command as she can, as much magic as is at her fingertips, and she knows she isn't imagining it when the spirit's frame goes lax as if unburdened at last before dissipating in wisps, highlighted by the sun's rays peering through its once-corporeal form. Hotaru watches him go in silence, still holding the guise of what his family had looked like, heart full of conflicting emotion. Her hand reaches for Noah's in the quiet of the man's passing, reflective and grateful to have him there.

- Fin!
the Valkyrie
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
[se] pull me deep beneath your waves - by Noah - 03-18-2024, 12:20 AM
RE: [se] pull me deep beneath your waves - by Hotaru - 04-24-2024, 12:12 AM