[open seasonal event] Got a light?
candle lighting thread
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
The answer should be obvious. They endure because they have to, because there is no other way. Despite everything: the bubble, the crazy weather, the foul soil, the mutations and disease and general ignorance of her people… despite all that, they endure and cling to survival because the only other option is to give up and die. Some people have chose to do that. But like The Lady, some Caidonites have a yearning to advance and thrive and be better. They may not get the opportunity to do so, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

“Who do you light yours for?” she asks quietly, watching Deimos go through the motions of choosing a candle, lighting it, and placing it back on the Wheel.

Tell me about yourself, she means, leaning into the soldierly camaraderie they share, the kinship naturally felt amongst those who shed blood. It’s a smell you can’t get rid of, a stain you can’t wash off, a look in the eyes that hardens and blinds and reveals all at the same time. Wessex places a hand on the crown again to make sure it’s somewhat secure. A chuckle escapes her lips, too, as she plays mock-serious. “You laugh, but do you know how hard it is to find something when literally all you wear is leather and black?”

Colors are not a part of Wessex’s closet. “Can’t go ruining my reputation,” she says while pulling a face. Except it’s kind of true. No one’s really afraid of the person who wears light blue all the time.
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
[open seasonal event] Got a light? - by Wessex - 04-08-2019, 01:41 PM
RE: [open seasonal event] Got a light? - by Wessex - 04-28-2019, 08:32 PM