To Evie
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Salutations

Maea,

Your letter reached me before the first frost, but I've sent my reply along on one of our larger seabirds as they're hardier. Unfortunately I didn't have adequate time to pen you a reply as I gave birth! We have a son, his name is Erebos. If you will be attending the Tournament in Torchline, perhaps I can introduce you to him there? I'm afraid that's the only news of myself I have to share, as suddenly my days are entirely consumed with all that having a newborn involves. Though I must admit I'm ecstatic to be able to sleep on my stomach again! Quite the exhilarating letter, right?

Halo is not nearly so hard to traverse these days even in Deepfrost. The Greenwing in particular manages to retain ground cover and brush throughout the year, and our skyboats are adequately protected against the weather, so parcels and missives can arrive far more safely if you'd like to send your reply that way.

I haven't been very aware of how you've been spending your days lately, but from what I know of your experience after the war, I think it's quite possible you've been lingering in your feelings for longer than you need to. 'Moping', as you put. But perhaps your awareness of it all is what brought about your new shift?

There is a time and place for it, I won't deny that. I isolated myself in the wilds of King's End for years. But Maea, you have been granted new life time and time again. That is more than so many of us were ever afforded. Though life hasn't been fair to you in those repetitions, true, I think you've spent too many years not actually living. I want more for you than that.

A ball sounds great! Though my only suggestion is to brainstorm a way to ensure solo dancers don't feel spurned. Many of us are married or otherwise paired, and that doesn't encourage mingling. Deimos and I would be happy to attend.

During the war, the front line was the Draig, and the rest was spread throughout the regions in smaller ways. If my own experience that day holds any water, it's that every capable body and mind made a difference. Stars may not compete with the light of the moon, but they make up for it in numbers, don't you think?
Sincerely,
Evie

Messages In This Thread
To Evie - by Maea - 04-25-2024, 11:05 PM
RE: To Evie - by Evie - 05-02-2024, 01:08 AM
RE: To Evie - by Maea - Yesterday, 02:28 PM