Laying to Rest
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
After all was said and all was done, Phoebe still mourned somewhere deep in her soul. A piece was broken, one that would never fully heal, but would ache less with the passage of time. But falling to pieces every time she thought of it, feeling the wound reopen and threaten to throw off her entire day was not a way to live. It made her job – which was filled with reminders – near impossible to carry out. In some ways it was hard to move on, she had nothing tangible to hold on to, to see and know her child was gone; especially when her body had yet to catch up with the reality of its state. But it was time to put the intensity of these feelings, the wishing for what could have been, to rest.

Phoebe managed to make her way to the shrine dedicated to Mort and his herald Ludo, feeling it was the most appropriate shrine at which to pray now. As she knelt before it she lit a single candle, just as she always did for lost loved ones, then set a stuffed bunny doll next to it. She had made it herself, love imbued in each stitch, thinking someday the soft, squishy thing would comfort the child she now would not raise. For a moment she hesitated, collecting her self so she could speak without her voice wavering. Hopefully.

”I pray with the hope that the soul of my child managed to find its way to you, Ludo, if such a young life was even formed enough to have one to guide.” After Frey’s revelations of the building blocks of life, she wasn’t fully certain that her lost child had a soul yet, or if that was perhaps further down the development of them. But it would not stop her from thanking Ludo for their service as the possibility was still there. ”And to thank Mort for caring for them when I cannot, and for giving me the capacity to know my love for them, even for a short time.” Tears threatened to well in her eyes but she quickly schooled herself again, a shuddering breath and will alone keeping her emotions in check. This was not about mourning, this was about accepting what was, being thankful for what she had been given, and moving forward, knowing her child rested, in whatever capacity that was.
Phoebe
Be gentle to all and stern with yourself

Messages In This Thread
Laying to Rest - by Phoebe - 04-30-2019, 04:43 PM
RE: Laying to Rest - by Ludo - 05-01-2019, 08:46 PM
RE: Laying to Rest - by Phoebe - 05-01-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Laying to Rest - by Ludo - 05-03-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Laying to Rest - by Phoebe - 05-03-2019, 05:28 PM
RE: Laying to Rest - by Ludo - 05-04-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Laying to Rest - by Phoebe - 05-05-2019, 03:19 PM
RE: Laying to Rest - by Ludo - 05-06-2019, 09:00 AM