[SE][OPEN] They Did Not Train Me For This
Open Basket Making SE
Peter Pikely

Age: 34 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

The blankness on the woman’s face and the shortness of her response were both familiar to Peter. It gave him a reference of how to hold himself. His own postured straightened out quickly, his hands folding neatly in front of him.

Peter recognized the test for what it was, and tried to weigh the pros and cons and quickly as he could. There was no way he could read what she wanted, and his immediate instinct told him to lie, flatter her, but... he was more afraid of what would happen if he was caught in a lie. “You weren’t... doing it right.” Peter knelt, and reached out to grab the weaving she had done already, undoing it surprising quickly given the thick layer of scars that covered his hands. He just wanted to move past the words he’d said, and hope she would as well.

It had been a very long time since he’d done anything crafty like making a basket, but the memory had never left his hands. He started the base, moving slowly so she could see how he wove it. Nothing hard, but something that needed to be learned, or at least shown. Peter held it back out to her, once he’d finished the base and started the sides.
PETER
They don't know you like I do
The little secrets that you keep
I'm gonna haunt your dreams at night
You'll have to hide those kitchen knives

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE][OPEN] They Did Not Train Me For This - by Peter - 05-15-2019, 02:27 AM