[SE][OPEN] They Did Not Train Me For This
Open Basket Making SE
Peter Pikely

Age: 34 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

Peter let out a breath he hadn’t been he’d been holding when she didn’t respond poorly to his words. There had been so little to work with, and most people had some kind of tell for what they wanted. The whole interaction was beginning to feel like a test he hadn’t agreed to, but that he wanted to excel in regardless.

It seemed his silent example was all the woman needed to take over, which was another relief. He didn’t know any other way to teach. Once her fingers had the trick of it, she turned back up to him, Peters eyes lingering a moment on the basket in her hands before lifting to meet her glance. His story? He didn’t know how to tell it without trembling, how to cut it down to just the important things when it was all important, but... he would have to try.

”Carrengay. Peter Carrengay. And it’s not... I’m not military.” He wondered absently if that would have been preferable, the idea had never come to him. ”I was... raised, and trained to... take care of problems.” Blue eyes had gone distant, Peter looking back on faraway things. ”I was the... favourite. Good at listening. Good at following.” That barely scratched the surface of his story, but hopefully it was mostly what she was looking for.
PETER
They don't know you like I do
The little secrets that you keep
I'm gonna haunt your dreams at night
You'll have to hide those kitchen knives

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE][OPEN] They Did Not Train Me For This - by Peter - 05-15-2019, 06:53 PM