[SE][OPEN] They Did Not Train Me For This
Open Basket Making SE
Peter Pikely

Age: 34 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

All of the worry dropped away from Peters heart in an instant as Zariah’s face cracked in a grin. Either he had done well, passed whatever test this was, or he hadn’t, and he could face whatever consequences came with that. But the test itself was over.

Peter reached out to take the blade back when it was offered, his fingers stopping, hovering around it as she began to speak, her eyes pinning him still. Her words seemed to be dragged from his very core, shredding away at him, but somehow soothing him at the same time. She knew him, knew what he needed. She could provide it, he would have a rock, something, someone to turn to, to listen to. He leaned in, drank in her words like water and silently wished for more. Honestly, what she was suggesting sounded almost too good to be true. Peters eyes searched her face for any hint of a lie, a trick, and dishonesty, but her face, like her tone, were ironclad.

And then, somehow, it got better. It became an offer, but not just for work, for a family. Peter had already been convinced, the prospect of a purpose singing to him like an angel, but the prospect of a family was something he could not refuse. Without a thought, he was nodding, hand closing around the offered blade like it was as good as a handshake. ”Yes. Yes.. His voice wavered for the first time, his emotions getting the best of him. ”I-I want that, I want to... I want to join, I want to...” Peter clapped a hand over his mouth, stopping the ugly torrent of words, but still nodded, almost frantically.
PETER
They don't know you like I do
The little secrets that you keep
I'm gonna haunt your dreams at night
You'll have to hide those kitchen knives

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE][OPEN] They Did Not Train Me For This - by Peter - 05-15-2019, 10:13 PM