Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
"It seems likely," Jigano shrugged. A conversation with a dead person, seasons ago in the cold, under the moonlight as they watched the Spire and spoke of many, many things... a creature of the night, crazed from the sun, defending a monument to a goddess that sought freedom as fiercely as any outlander being one of those things.

"Strength has its uses," Jigano agreed, "but it isn't everything. Then again, as a bard, I'm a bit biased towards the gentler arts," he teased with a grin. Her cackling support of his abrasive sparkling personality had him beaming, preening as proudly as Isuma ever did behind his sly smile. "Right? It only proves that she really is a god, though. What mortal could resist this charm?" Okay, well, lots, as it turned out, but there was no need to dwell on that at the moment!

"Yes... I would agree," he mused thoughtfully. "I've met her... well, seen her in action twice, and heard other accounts. She's powerful enough that all the Old Gods put together couldn't kill her or strip her power from her, so that's already an indication of how formidable she is. Not being a ruler though..." He hummed, sipping at his tea as it cooled to a more drinkable temperature before speaking again, testing his thoughts. "Perhaps... she doesn't really want to rule? From what Safrin described of the old conflict, I got the sense that the Voice and her fellows were more seeking power for power's sake, than to necessarily rule over others with it." He hesitated, then shrugged. "Then again, the Old Gods and their heralds don't really rule anyone, either, not even the Attuned they create. 'Ruling' might be more of a mortal concern than a godly one. Her Ascended children might more of a means to an end - tools, rather than subjects - rather than a people to lead." He raised a brow, quirking a wry grin at his younger friend. "Hypothetically, and worst-case-scenario, at least."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me - by Jigano - 06-21-2019, 05:13 PM