[SE] Playing with Fire
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
"I did," Jigano confirmed, worry sobering his expression as he considered the comparison. "Will-o-wisps, little balls of light, spirits of energy that would lead people deep into woods and swamps. They were absolutely malicious, though they tended to disguise their tricks as mere mischief until they managed to lure their target into quicksand or a sinkhole or bog and then it was too late." He had once been able to call dancing lights as well, a product of his kitsune heritage, and will-o-wisps held no charm or power over him, but the same could not be said for others, and children in particular tended to be tricked by them.

Fatally so, in far too many cases.

The bard was already frowning at that information before Caiside spoke again, and he raised a brow at the sheepish admission. That was almost more worrying, that the once-demigod had made no attempt to test the limits of his free will while in their grasp. "It sounds as though they held you charmed or fascinated," he murmured thoughtfully, not realizing how his thoughts were echoing his friend's excuses. He trusted in the other man's good sense - perhaps prematurely, though he did not yet realize it. "It was an ability I once had as well, though I never made use of it. It was..." He shivered a little, unconsciously scrubbing at his hands. "A magic with too great a temptation to abuse." He shook his head, then focused on Caiside again, blue eyes piercing. "Did they truly know, though? Or did they pluck the memory from your head and goad you with it?" With all the give and take of memories that seemed near-commonplace on Caido, it wasn't impossible to think that forest spirits might have that talent. "After all, we know the trees of the Wildwood can somehow pull the memories of where you want to go from your mind and prevent you from getting there. And the tulmhainar in the heart of the Woods feeds on memories." He raised a hand to forestall immediate argument, lips quirking. "I know how important it is to you, just... be careful, friend. Don't be so blinded by desire that you let yourself be manipulated by it." The last thing he wanted was to lose Caiside to the woods again, especially when they knew so little about the creatures who had apparently stolen the smith right from under the noses of Attuned and Fae alike. Maybe he could ask Eliza about them when next they met...

The replacement gloves were met with a sheepish grin, his original picks gladly traded for the better ones Caiside offered. "I don't have many details myself," Jigano admitted as he went to shovel charcoal into the forge and stoke up the fire. His movements were a little uncertain, clearly out of practice, but the muscle memory lingered even now, more than a decade after the last time he had helped his father in the forge. "Sun-themed gifts seem to be the way to go, though. I... don't really have anything in mind yet," he admitted with a slight grimace. "First I need to see how badly my skills have degraded over the years. Though I might use the idea of the sun necklace if I can't come up with something better by the time we start working the metal." Now he wished he'd brought one of the gold ingots after all, though he had far fewer of them. Still, copper was likely to be good enough, and he could make a decent chain from silver once he drew off a piece and rolled it into a stem, then coiled it around a bar to make links from. "I'm open to suggestion, though, if you have any other ideas!"

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-15-2019, 11:19 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-16-2019, 04:54 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-16-2019, 02:44 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-17-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-17-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-19-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-20-2019, 03:22 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-22-2019, 05:43 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-22-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-24-2019, 06:18 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-24-2019, 02:36 PM