[SE] Playing with Fire
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Caiside was already working to stifle a smile at Jigano’s ‘confession’, The news that he was partial to the moon not coming at all as a surprise to Caiside, but it was the wink that set him off, a handful of bright chuckles escaping him. He managed to train them in so he could listen to more of Jigano’s world, especially interested in the gods. ”It’s strange to me that your Gods can share... domains.” He admitted, certain that he wasn’t imagining domains the same as what the other man meant. ”I would love to hear more. Perhaps not now, but... soon. Stories about gods have always been my favourite.” The last part was punctuated by a self satisfied smile and a cheesy wink.

It was strange to imagine Jigano as the kind of person he would have been back on his home. All Caiside has to paint the picture in his mind was the assurance that he’d changed since coming here, and the few stories he’d now been told. Not that he was imagining anything too different, just enough to wonder if they would have still become friends.

Jugano’s idea sounded wonderful, Caiside excitedly clapping his approval. ”That sounds perfect!” He exclaimed, impressed at how complicated a project it seemed as well. The silver haired man had to have been fairly good at the forge  back when he used to practice to consider it, especially if he was thinking about doing it right.

The sincerity of Jigano’s apology made Caiside squirm uncomfortably. It wasn’t something he deserved, though rationally he knew it wasn’t something Jigano would know. It was something he would have to bring up eventually, Caiside knew that, but this was not that time. So instead, he simply smiled, a little tighter lipped than he would normally, and responded, trying to keep an easy tone in his voice. ”It’s not something that can be helped. And I never truly knew him anyway.” He laughed, softly and sadly, and shook his head. ”It’s strange how loss works, isn’t it? There’s people I lost who I would give nearly anything to have back, but my father isn’t among them.” With a sigh, Caiside pulled a real smile back to his lips, the ending of this particular conversation clear.

”Silversmith...” Caiside repeated wryly, shaking his head at his own dimness. ”I suppose I could have figured that out myself.” He felt a little stab of jealousy at the wonder Jigano had grown up with, a forge that could shape starmetal sounded like something magical, something he would have liked to try his skills with. ”You know, I think I would have been far more interested in learning if I had been close to something like that, I would have been more interested. There was... very little where I grew up.” Caiside laughed. ”The things I made most commonly were nails. People were always trying to fix things, to fight against the forest reclaiming them.” Thiugh he didn’t look up, hands and tools shaping a delicate swirl decorating the back of the mirror, it was clear he was rolling his eyes. ”Actually... looks f I’m being honest, I probably wouldn’t have listened to my instructions even with something interesting to hold my attention.”

Caiside looked up as Jigano mentioned his work, an unfortunate grimace spreading over his features immediately. It wasn’t poorly done, but it was very clear that the other man had not been around metal in some time. ”Of course, give me just a moment.” Caiside finished the work he was doing with his mirror and set it downcareful to not put any strain on the face of it. The more perfect he could keep it now, the less work he would have when it came to polishing it. Caiside looked over what the other man had first, then fit the pieces together, soldering them together after the other man had given his approval. Caiside would never claim to be a teacher, or even someone who liked to teach, but he kept his hands slow here, so Jigano could keep an eye on his hands, and perhaps repeat ha actions for the top of his lantern. ”It looks like it’s shapig up nicely.” He smiled, setting the finished bottom do for Jigano to take when he was ready and wandering back to where he had been working himself.

Caiside
I have never been allowed to be Holy,
I have never been forgiven for Wanting;

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-15-2019, 11:19 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-16-2019, 04:54 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-16-2019, 02:44 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-17-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-17-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-19-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Jigano - 05-20-2019, 03:22 AM
RE: [SE] Playing with Fire - by Caiside - 05-22-2019, 05:43 AM