[SE] Catch the Sun Before It Sparks Afire
Open!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 6754

I am my mother's child, I'll love you till my breathing stops
I'll love you till you call the cops on me

The Gods were an interesting precipice and interval: high and mighty, glorious and powerful, barely deigning to consort or contort with mortals. What made some worthy, and others not? She’d often wondered, pondered over the theories – considered herself undeserving, as none of them batted their eyes at her, centered their gaze on her, thought anything of her; the child of sand and dirt, of heat and sun, of nothing and everything. She must’ve been a speck of soil, a puff, a whisper, to them, ineffectual, not a weight or soul signifying importance – even while she scraped against the bottom of the barrel and strived to remain. Maybe one day they’d see her, the honeybee child laden with such an overbearing strength that they’d have to look, have to listen, to have to do something other than ignore her existence. “Which ones have you seen?” What had Jigano experienced that she had not? What had he learned that she’d never be able to grasp and comprehend on her own? Her heart hurt in that instance, strained and despondent, to always know she’d never quite be enough for anyone or anything; a blistering portion and contortion to the earth.

As for Fangorn, the vampire pumpkin was more than content to relish on the goat jerky, leaping up to catch Jigano’s extended toss, gnawing happily on the dried, cured meat, growling and hissing all the while. “He thanks you too,” she laughed, eyeing her companion for a moment before returning back to the matters at hand, fingers splayed then playing on the resin of her mug. “It was. There were some other lands too. We were in the south.” Her mind focused on maps and outlines, of worlds she never got to trace, never got to see, never got to traverse along, but heard from legends. “The Aurora Basin was in the north, white-capped mountains and summits. Then there was the World’s Edge to the west, on the coast, surrounded by mist and fog. The East held the Hidden Falls, and everywhere else was laden with wonder in between.” The nostalgia came flooding back over her – the fields riddled with thistle and wildflowers, the bloom of the ocean’s enduring fathoms, the roll of the tides, the crash and burn of adventure – she blinked the tears beckoning at the back of her eyelids away, away, away, so he couldn’t see how much she missed. Her mother’s gentle songs called her home, her sister’s endless harmonies called her to sonnets and stanzas, the gaping unknown challenged and seared against her. She couldn’t have it. None of it. Not anymore.

He mentioned games though, and she sobered up, sniffled, took a drink to hide the melancholy. “My friends, sister, and I used to run down the ocean. The Moon Goddess had made a glass chasm there, where one could tunnel into the depths and see everything.” Her nose had once been pressed against its sanction, staring into coral reefs, blinded by the sights, the sounds, the colors, the fish, the nuances of beauty and power. “Sometimes I’d clamber into the oasis and pretend to be a monster.” She shrugged and laughed, forgoing mentioning the time other children had rampaged at her demonic howls and roars, had splashed and devastated long before she had a chance to ponder what it meant to be monstrous. “What about you? Have you lived here your entire life?”
M e l i t a
But in our darkest hours, I stumbled on a secret power
I'll find a way to be without you, babe

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] Catch the Sun Before It Sparks Afire - by Melita - 05-30-2019, 10:58 PM