[SE] Yeast of the Sun, Zest of the Moon
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help

Amalia grins at his uncertainty, though in a way that can only be read as kind. "I'm sure you won't," she answers encouragingly, a teasing smile on her lips. "And if you do I will only be disappointed a little." She laughs, watching as Isuma chases Jyoti, who spins tight circles in the air around the griffin, releasing a shower of sparkling stars.

Leaning on the counter top, Amalia waits for her friend to decide. Cardamom in particular gets an approving nod, being one of the girl's own favorite flavors. Taking the spice while he works on the lemon, the baker adds it to the batter, thoughtfully considering his question. "Hmm... maybe lavender and cardamom for sweet, rosemary and thyme for savory?"

Once Jigano has sufficiently brutalized the lemon she gestures to the flour that still awaits. "We want to add the flour slowly, and not mix it up too hard. Fold it- like this." She moves the wooden spoon in a large circle before dragging it down the middle of the mixture, then up and around and down again. It is a method her grandmother always used, thorough and gentle on the developing gluten strands. "If we mix it too little there will be lumps, but if we over-mix the cake will be too dense."

a m a l i a
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] Yeast of the Sun, Zest of the Moon - by Amalia - 06-05-2019, 03:51 PM