JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP:

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help

Well. Amalia cannot help but laugh as Caiside guesses her riddle, burying her red face in her hands at how poorly she has made her point. At least nobody else gets their right, either, though Sam comes the closest to guessing the smith's. It does not surprise her that Jigano knows them all, his easy answering of every challenge consistent with her expectations of the man. Grinning ruefully, she nods her head when Jigano says her answer.

The next challenge is... strange. Amalia follows Jigano warily as he walks to the table full of statues, listening with a weary frown and lifting up the bear. She is tempted to complain to the bard's retreating back, and if they were alone she might, asking what on earth any of this had to do with being an adequate loreseeker. Instead she simply sighs, reaching up to scratch Jyoti who has come to rest upon her shoulder, and turns to face her companions bemusedly.

"This one might be west, because it could be talking about the sunset, if you think abstractly, but..." she shrugs, reaching for the next statue, the golden dragon. "And this one is east, maybe? Vi, but I don't know."

a m a l i a
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 26 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:

Irritated with himself for getting Caiside's riddle just wrong, Sam hoped that after the written puzzles it would be time for a break, maybe some tea and biscuits or just a chance to chat about books. But no, it seemed Jigano had more planned. He stared helplessly at the tables, immediately feeling overwhelmed and confused.

It took him a moment to even really comprehend the task, then he stood and began to walk around, looking at each object. Truthfully, he didn't really want to work with the others. Caiside didn't like him and Amalia seemed wary of his Ascended power; he had never been good in groups, often feeling used and pushed aside. But that was the task, so...

"Mhm..." He agreed to Amalia's reasoning, which was as good as anything he could come up with. "Perhaps...um..the bone sword is east...because...easterly winds and..deserts are...windy? No. That's silly, sorry." He shook his head. "I'm really rather lost."

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Jigano Silversmith
Provost / Lorekeeper ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 28 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 7 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 25
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP:
He knew the totems were tricky, and required thinking outside the box – that was part of the point, after all, as was working together to bounce ideas off each other and inspire leaps of intuition and logic both that each loreseeker might not make on their own, without the input of their fellows. What he hadn’t expected was Amalia’s wariness, or Sam’s reluctance for the game. He had designed the puzzles and riddles in a way that he had hoped would be fun, a chance to stretch their minds and abilities without some threat or danger hanging over their heads. Instead his friends seemed… unenthusiastic with the work he had put into the night, and he reached for Isuma’s comfort, scratching lightly between her wings as he looked at his three colleagues.

Amalia may not have been excited about the game, but she was trying – and succeeding. Deciding that they deserved a little helping hand, Jigano grinned and nodded at her reasoning, a pleased smile on his face as Isuma chortled and rolled beneath his hand in a shameless demand for belly rubs.

Samuel was farther from the mark, though he was so close in his conjectures that Jigano winced and bit his lip, not wanting to give the answers away so easily. Instead of risking letting his expression say too much, he instead turned towards Caiside with a raised brow and a grin. ”And what do you think?” he asked the last loreseeker, who had yet to offer an opinion.
No tables, or else simple ones without images or background colors when threading, please. It's much appreciated!
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 35 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 16
Played by: Johnny Offline
Change author:
MP:

Even if he was disappointed in himself for getting Amalia's riddle wrong, especially when the answer was so obvious, Caiside could at least take solace in the fact that he hadn't been the only one to fail at their made up riddles. And it wasn't worth focusing on, not when Jigano revealed another game he had planned for them. Again, Caiside was struck by the work the guildmaster had put into this night.

Immediately, Caiside was looking at the totems, reading each inscription over carefully before moving onto the next.  He listened as Amalia and Sam gave their guesses, watching Jigano's responses in turn.When he was asked for his own opinion, Caiside stayed quiet a moment, looking over the set up again.

"I think... the iron spire in the centre. The cage." Caiside said this guess with come confidence, but hesitated again before the next. "And perhaps... the bear to the north? In order of the seasons.' He was hoping explaining his reasoning would help his guildmates find the other connections.

Caiside
I have never been allowed to be Holy,
I have never been forgiven for Wanting;

Jigano Silversmith
Provost / Lorekeeper ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 28 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 7 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 25
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP:
"Hmmm," the lorekeeper nodded at Caiside's first guess, eyes sparkling with approval. At the second, however, he chuckled and shook his head. "Perhaps listen to Amalia on that one," he suggested with a gentle grin. "The writing on those might be a bit hard to see, too. Find some better light and take a closer look, perhaps..."

Upon closer inspection, and raised to better light, the Loreseekers will find that some words on the bottoms of the totems appear to be a bit thicker than others.

Isuma helpfully bounded from Jigano's arms to take the Iron Spire totem from Caiside and drop it into the center bowl, looking pleased with herself as she Reep!ed her own encouragement to the hard-working friends who had come to play with them today.
No tables, or else simple ones without images or background colors when threading, please. It's much appreciated!
Amalia Chandrakant
Baker ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 21 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP:

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help

At least she has gotten something right. Amalia sets the dragon down on the east side of the table, not yet willing to place it in the bowl. She does the same with the bear, placing it on the western edge of the table and glancing up at the men. Both Caiside and Sam seem unsure about her placements , making her doubt herself as well, though she shakes her head when Sam suggests the sword go east instead. "Maybe south?" she says instead, her brow furrowed in thought. "I've... I've heard of hot southern deserts, and that the north can be cold. So maybe the griffin to the north?"

Caiside seems to be making headway, though she does not agree about the bear. That the spire goes in the middle makes sense, and the baker nods encouragingly even before Jigano pipes in, Isuma confirming their suspicions by placing it in the bowl. She glances at the bard, looking for any indication that her guesses have been right before shrugging and turning back to her fellow Loreseekers, a wry smile on her face. "Should we try it? What's the worst that happens if this goes wrong?" So saying she scoops up the dragon and griffin, moving off to place then east and north if the others don't object.

a m a l i a
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 26 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:

Sam hung back for a while, completely baffled by the puzzle laid out before them and sure everyone else was both far more intelligent and able to work together. But he didn't like to be so passive, especially not when he felt he was embarrassing himself in front of Jigano, whom he always wanted to impress.

Think...think! He insisted to himself, staring at the objects until he had something to say.

As Jigano told them about the light making words looking stronger under the light, he set to staring at each inscription until he had an idea. "Perhaps the Copper Bear should go to the south, as the word down is bold on the inscription." He informed his guildmates, lifting it up for them to see.

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 35 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 16
Played by: Johnny Offline
Change author:
MP:

”I think sourh makes the most sense for the sword, especially if we put the griffin to the north.” Caiside agreed with Amalia,watching her place the totems she had in hand in their places. There was a part of him that also thought the unicorn might go, the true north, but he couldn’t make the other pieces make sense if they went that way, so he kept quiet about.

Sam held the bear up and Caiside leaned in, squinting at the word before leaning back and looking over their guesses again. ”It doesn’t quite make sense like that though.” He pointed out, gesturing as he spoke. ”If the bear is to the west, then we have sunrise and sunset, and with the griffin in the north, the sword should go south.” So saying, Caiside moved to pick up the sword and place it where he had said, gesturing for Sam to place the bear in the last remaining spot.

Caiside
I have never been allowed to be Holy,
I have never been forgiven for Wanting;