I’m shaking my head & locking the gates
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
not afraid to use every trick in the book

It actually was that funny to Loren; his twin had been so far from marriage material—especially for the head of the family, who supposedly had her pick of magical men—that his mind just refused to accept the idea. Even worse was the idea of Neron as a father. Zariah would do well to remember that, for most of Loren’s life, his twin was about as far from being a caring person as it was possible to be. In fact, the elder brother had straight up tortured the younger one, which didn’t exactly lend itself well to the thought of Neron one day turning into a stand up person. It really had nothing to do with Zariah and everything to do with who Neron was as a person.

While he was willing to accept the facts as they were, he was less willing to blindly believe in Zariah’s reality as the real one, especially when Edy was equally in the dark. ”I wasn’t at your wedding, Zariah.” His voice came out gently this time; whatever she might want to believe, it wasn’t true, at least not for him. Then a thought floored him: Jace was Neron’s biological son, apparently. ”Wait so...I’m an uncle?” That set him off on another set of hysterics. He could barely care for himself, let alone a nephew. He was so bemused and perplexed (and, frankly, poleaxed) by that news that he totally forgot to answer her question about last memorable event. Of course, given that it had been wild monkey sex with Remi in the library, he didn't think it was newsworthy.

It seemed that Edy wasn’t going to budge, but Zariah at least was on his side. That was good—not least of which because he still had trouble shaking the instinct that her word was law—and made his work that much easier. Beatrix was helping, being the cheerful and friendly girl she was. Still, at that sad note in Edy’s voice….Loren sighed, knowing that once again he would compromise for his family. First, though, he had to address that ridiculous idea of him living in the basement: he wouldn’t go back to some cell, not ever again. And they weren’t strong enough to force him without killing him. Leaning forward he dropped his voice to a whisper that only Edrei could here. ”I’m not letting you put me in a dungeon, even if it is a sex dungeon.” His voice was low and hard, despite the somewhat ridiculous subject matter.

Leaning back, he raised his voice so they all could hear him clearly. ”How about this? We get adjoining buildings, with a locking door from my home into the main residence and a separate entrance for me.” It was functionally like living together, and would solve all their problems; he would get the illusion of privacy, at the very least, while Edy would get that happy family life she so clearly craved. Honestly, this arrangement made a whole lot of sense, at least until he could manage to sway Edrei further to his way of thinking. And woe to any who broke down his doors without permission. It wouldn’t be the first time it had happened, but he wasn’t going to put up with that nonsense any longer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m shaking my head & locking the gates - by Loren - 11-28-2018, 01:58 AM