I’m shaking my head & locking the gates
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 34 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"I'm not sure. But it is possible we all came from different points in time, to varying degrees." She said to Edrei. With magic, what was logical wasn't always the best assumption. Anything was possible when twisted by the right ands. They had all been brought here by some strange power, what said they couldn't have altered the fabric of time too?

And then Loren went on his spiral of self and family hate and her expression fell. She had to remind herself that Loren didn't know how she had changed things, how she herself had changed.  That said, he was placing a lot of blame and burden on people who had not hurt him. Zariah helped him kick start his magical growth with praise and encouragement. Edrei was basically the epitome of a cheerleader mixed with a fangirl. And the children were children. They had never hurt him. And more importantly...

"You seem to forget, Loren, that no one who grew up in the family compound left unharmed, untortured, or unscarred. Yes, in your case it was particularly acute given your early struggles with magic but do not paint yourself the only victim of our old ways. And that is what they are. Old." It was clear that Zariah was upset, but there was a coolness to her tone, a calm she had always lacked when angry before. If anything her disappointment rang more clearly than her anger.

"Obviously you've no recollection of this as it had yet to occur, but you should recall a conversation we had about changing; changing myself specifically to better the family we had left. I followed your advice. This is not Northwind, it isn't even Northaven, and what you seem to think this family is or will be is a faleshood. Certainly, be angry about your childhood, but have the maturity to open your mind and recognize that everyone in this room has worked very hard to make your life better. We aren't your enemy."

Beatrix piped up and she smiled proudly  - though Edrei did get a bit of a glare with her language. But she was proud to see Beatrix speaking up when she thought something was wrong.
zariah
If my strength intimidates you, I hope you realize that is a weakness of yours.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m shaking my head & locking the gates - by Zariah - 11-30-2018, 01:54 PM