I’m shaking my head & locking the gates
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 34 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
They…they didn’t remember Jace at all? The boy didn’t seem to mind. If he fully comprehended, he certainly couldn’t have cared based on the way he snuggled his face into Loren’s neck. He wasn’t daddy but he was close enough. Zariah was frowning though, as she tried to comprehend what that meant. “You don’t remember Jace…do you remember I married Neron? You were both there…Or any of the changes I made?” she said, feeling concern rise in her chest. It seemed impossible but…if neither of them remembered these events…they had to be from slightly different points in time. Which meant…if they did find Neron…would he remember her as the woman who water boarded him into action or as his wife?

And then the bomb. Oh boy. Loren certainly didn’t mean to hurt Edrei in his decline, but she was definitely taking it personal – regardless of his insistence that it wasn’t. The tension in the room could have been cut with a knife it was so thick. “Edrei…please. Calm down.” She said in what would seem an uncharacteristically gentle tone, before turning her gaze to Loren. “If you are fine living next door, if you are fine helping as often as we need, then why not live here, Loren?” she said more directly. “Edrei is right. We need to stick together. This is a new world, with new possibilities, and we can’t hope to make something of this opportunity if we begin by fracturing and pushing each other away. You wanted me to change our customs for the better but we all grew up in a familial compound, which was the only truly good thing about our old ways. This makes sense.”

She paused, glancing between the two again. “Regardless, we can’t be reduced to fighting or personal affronts so soon.” She said, her gaze resting on Edrei. “In-fighting will get us nowhere. We have to stay focused on the task before us: rebuild and figure out where the others are.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m shaking my head & locking the gates - by Zariah - 11-14-2018, 09:39 PM