Open | Monster
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eli
Eli was rather perplexed, mouth agape... the dragon had locked them in? Why? It didn't really make sense. He exhaled, swallowing as the room felt just that much smaller, he closed his eyes and recited something under his breath, inhaling before exhaling. "Why? For a fucking joke? I- sorry... Okay- how else can we get out..." he sort of semi-asked, more thinking to himself out loud, the situation having made him become irritable. He peered around, searching for an alternative. Why the hell was she so embarrassed, it was a locked door, sure but it wasn't the end of the world, he just needed to think, he'd been in much worse situations, all this was, was a locked door with the key no where to be seen.

"Alright, let's keep our heads, we still have the window." he stated, an edge of cold anger in his voice. He walked over at a pace, peering out of it to the open world, it did seem to relax him just a little, no more feeling like he was about to be crushed to death under the weight of a room he couldn't leave. "I'll climb out, get the key, open it from the other side. Simple." he firmly said, looking over his shoulder at her to confirm his plan.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." - If you want peace, prepare for war.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
Why? Oh, for Frey's sake. Blood drained from her face, knowing she lacked the ability to lie. She could try, but it would be obvious. Better to just out with it rather than prolong the suffering and embarrassment. "Pim was a gift to me from the god of sexuality and passion, and he just locked us in a bedroom - what do you think the reason is?" she said, face bright red, but equally irritated at the situation. Though, not because she felt claustrophobic, but because of the nerve of that little dragon. He was supposed to help protect her not lock her in rooms with men she just met right after she broke up with her boyfriend!

That he thought he was just going to climb out the window made her stop and gape though. "Climb out the window?? With what support?" she said. The building was made of stone, and there really wasn't much in the way of anything between the second story window and the ground of the alleyway below. "Are you just going to jump?" Worry tinged her voice. Sure, she could probably patch him up, but setting potentially broken limbs was a bit outside her wheelhouse.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Eli
He wasn't quite sure what to say. He eyed her, frowning a little as if not quite believing her in many ways, but he shook his head, hand running through his hair as he rounded on the window again with a grunt. "It's fine, damn thing thinks it's all a joke I bet." he said, as if not wanting to believe the dragon would try and do that, he sighed and peered at the ground below, the stone cobbles of the alley didn't exactly make for the best of landings, but what other way was there? He could kick down her bedroom door, but... well that didn't seem like much of an option. No, it seemed this would have to do. "I've jumped much worse things, I'll lower myself out the window first, then drop, see if I can angle myself for a roll, I might dislocate something but well." he stated clearly, as he started to get himself ready, slowly opening the window enough for him to fit out of it. Was he really going ahead with this plan? It seemed like he was.

He looked over his shoulder at her, scowl softening just that little bit. "I'll be fine, don't worry." he said, offering her a reassuring smile, though one laced with slight urgency, as his whole body screamed at him to find a way out right now.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
"No, he was pretty serious." Phoebe grumbled under her breath. She and Pim were going to have a very serious chat when this was all said and done too. The nerve of him, putting her in a position like this! At least it was an only partially successful plan due to the window. Now she just had to hope that Eli didn't hurt himself trying to get out of it.

His plan, she supposed, made some sense. He was a fairly tall fellow, and clearly he had some sort of military training. She clasped her hands together, biting her lower lip with some concern. A dislocation she could probably figure out how to fix if need be... but she really hoped that she wouldn't need to. "O-okay then, if you're sure." she said, brows furrowed together. "Pim put the key right in front of the shrine, so it should be easy to find once you get in there." she said, thinking about the image the little pesky thing had sent her.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
Eli nodded firmly at the 'objective', he arched a leg over the window frame, his body now half outside. He looked back to Phoebe, offering her a grin. "Don't worry, if I hurt myself then I suppose I'll be staying longer huh?" he said to her, teasingly smirking at the notion. Suddenly he pushed the rest of his body through the window, carefully lowering himself down the other side of it- what a passer by would think was happening if they looked up or down the alley way was anyone's guess, he looked like he was escaping as to not be caught by Phoebe's imaginary father.

Frowning he finally let down, and was gone from sight, the only notion he was still alive was a low thud and clatter as something in the ground and an echoy grunt and now she was alone and all she could do now was wait as the moments passed by since he'd gone out the window into the now night air.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
As soon as he disappeared from view, Phoebe rushed to the window to see if he was okay. But in the dark it was near impossible to tell. Really all she could do was wait anxiously, hoping he hadn't seriously injured himself in his fall. Oooooh that Pim was going to be in so much trouble once she was out of this room!

Pim, however, was fast asleep by the fireplace, curled up around the little shrine. Just as Phoebe had said, Eli would find the key placed right in front of it, as if in offering to the deity the thing had been built for. The little dragon for his part wouldn't stir. He thought he had done his job, and done it well, and certainly didn't imagine any sort of great escapes by the silly humans.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
From downstairs came heavy footsteps. Thud. Thud. Thud. Then nothing for a long moment or two, before the footsteps once more started to ascend the steps, drawing closer and closer... until click. The unmistakable sound of a lock turning, before the door opened and Eli peered in with the same scowl that adorned most everything he did. He eyed Phoebe, giving her a small smile as his features softened at the sight of her. "Done, wasn't so bad." he said, having completed the task.

He actually looked relatively unharmed, nothing seemed broken or dislocated, the only slight hint that he'd just climbed out of a window was the fresh abrasion on his left forearm, clearly having grazed it as he landed, the skin was as you'd expect, red and beading in a few places, but apart from that, he was fine. "Pim's asleep I think- didn't really take a closer look, just snatched the key and came up." he told her, peering over his shoulder to idly gaze back down stairs as he did, it seemed the dragonling had indeed not been disturbed by any of this.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe had her ear pressed to the door, listening for Eli's footsteps. It didn't sound like he was moving in any way that would indicate he was hurt, so that was good! As she sound of his steps coming up the stairs drew near, she took a step back, but not far enough, finding herself rather close when he stepped in. "You're not hurt?" she said, a note of worry in her voice as she glanced over him. Now seeing him, it did put her a bit more at ease. Clearly he wasn't in any sorry state. She did spot the scrape on his arm though.

"Here, let me clean that up for you." she said, going to her supply closet and pulling out a little rag and bottle of witch hazel. She poured a little of the liquid onto the rag before gently cleaning the wound with it. "Oh I am sure he is sleeping the little jerk." she grumbled as she tended to his wound. "Thank you for jumping out to get the key. I am really sorry about that. I'll be having a harsh word with him so it won't happen again." she said as a promise, releasing his arm one the scrape was all clean.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
He unexpectedly found himself standing rather close to her, almost pressed up against her as he walked in, he coughed a little as he gazed down at her. "No I- right yeah, thanks." he said as he wandered over to get what she needed from her supplies.

As she went about cleaning the wound, he looked at her quietly, exhaling a little, there was something oddly comforting about her, about this... yet he shrugged it off and pushed it to the back of his mind, murmuring. "Yeah I bet- and it's no problem, really... happy to do it, who else would've?" he replied, watching her step away after she was done. He nodded and indicated to the stairs "Coming?" he asked, turning to start making his way downstairs again, mind dwelling on the evening's events which had been in a word... interesting.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Me, I suppose, but I don't think I would have fared that drop as well as you did." she said with a light laugh, leaving the wound a little damp to allow the witch hazel to soak into his skin. It would help ward off infection and keep it from swelling that way. She quickly put it all away, placing the rag in a little laundry hamper, before glancing at him.

"Yes, I'll come down and get Pim...it's been a long day." she admitted with a melancholy laugh. As she followed him down she remembered something else. "Oh! There is berry pie as well if you want some. I made it earlier, have as much as you'd like." she said with a small smile.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
"I'll be sure to take you up on that offer, sounds good." he said as they both went downstairs, they split off at the bottom, as he made his way to the front door and she went to check on Pim. He began stretching himself this way and that, working from his arms right down to his legs, as if preparing to fight someone. He'd decided to keep with a regular pattern and keep to the same regimen, he'd done most of his entire adult life. He looked over to her, watching her with Pim for a moment, wondering how the bond between them even worked.

"Phoebe, going for a run- should be about an hour or so, if you're asleep by the time I get back, well goodnight." he called over, offering her a smile as he eyed her last time before he turned, opened the door and slowly jogged off, taking a right down the street and out of sight.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!