You Can’t Take Me
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

As Ashe passed by her knife that had clattered to the wall, she scooped it up with a flicker of satisfaction at the red shining on it. After the way their chase was going, she’d had little doubt that her knife would do her any real good in this chase… but it felt damn good. She wondered if he was smirking now. She certainly was, she extended her stride and tucked the knife back into its place on her thigh - she wasn’t going to throw it again. She understood now what it was they were doing, and he wasn’t going to stop and fight her. The hit had been a warning, and a nudge to let him know just who he was dealing with. She wasn’t sure who he was, but fuck him if he thought she was just some back street urchin to toy with. She was deadly, as deadly as he seemed to be.

Ashe didn’t even miss a beat when the stranger suddenly changed direction, launching off of the wall and straight for a neighboring balcony. Her eyes glinted when he paused, and she grinned with a sharp and sweet smile before she leaped after him, only moments behind. She vaulted over the railing the same as he had, and she smoothly grabbed onto the roof and hauled herself up - he was already dashing away of course. Her arms groaned with the effort, and she was started to feel winded with their extended sprint through the ruins, but the raven-haired girl stubbornly pushed on. Reaching her limits and leaping past them… call it a learned habit. And of course… old habits and all that.

If she was getting tired, surely he was feeling some kind of discomfort too. Well, discomfort that extended beyond the knife wound and the bite. Unfortunately for her, he didn’t show it if he felt any sort of winded. ’Bastard,’ she spat inwardly, and she glanced about her, ahead of him. Where was he headed? They were reaching the outskirts of the ruins now, and there was a hot spike of frustration in her. No way, she wasn’t done yet - he hadn’t even stopped to fight her yet! Ashe launched herself from the edge of one roof, and she flipped down onto the next - lower down, and she hadn’t been prepared for or seen the massive fucking hole in the center of the building. She’s eyes widened, and she didn’t even have time to swear as she tucked and somersaulted into a landing - straight for the hole in the tall building. Shit.

Ashe thudded her feet down as she righted herself in a flash, but her foot still dipped down into that hole as she skidded to a desperate stop. Her teeth grit as she just barely managed to avoid falling down into a dark hole, but she didn’t remain motionless for long. Her head snapped up and locked on the fleeing form of the elusive man, and she cursed herself colorfully. ’Stupid, idiot girl,’ she was snarling at herself as she scrambled to her feet and lunged after him again at a breakneck pace, having already lost precious time and distance. She pretended for all the world that her face wasn’t burning with humiliation at the mistake she’d just made. If he smiled just the slightest bit…

Ashe changed her direction just slightly, following a clearer path so that she didn’t have leap over so much rubble. ’Breathe, breathe, breath,’ she told herself at a steady rhythm, maintaining careful and controlled breathing as she started closing the distance between them once more - she trained harshly, obsessively, but she knew how deeply her health had declined. She was getting better now, eating better, but there was a long way to go before she would be at her prime once more. That didn’t mean she wasn’t going to fucking win this game though. Ashe wanted to tackle him to the ground and rip that stupid hood off, but he was still to far, and he was damn slippery. Three times now she had been in close quarters with him, and all three times he slipped away before she could get a real look at him. She had registered facial hair and that gods damned smirk that was so infuriatingly, impossibly, familiar. She thought carefully as she ran, because wherever this was going, she wasn’t done yet. It had been too long since she’d had someone that she struggled to keep with. Training with Koel was always an experience, but nothing matched this. Nothing could, this was far too close to the training she was accustomed to. The training she had missed.

She had new advantages she didn’t have back then, however. The wolf was one, and of course… Ashe’s mind took a sharp dive inwards - down, down, down - she grabbed ahold of her power and yanked it upwards. Lightning immediately crackled to life from within her, snarling and sparking from her chest and racing down her arms. Immediately she was rejuvenated, and she bit her lip as she dashed after the hooded man… and she threw her lightning forward. Straight for him.

It didn’t strike him. The brilliant blue electricity spread across the stone of the ruins and raced around the fleeing man in an arc, until it raced ahead of him with all the speed of lightning and spread upwards, creating something like a fence. Ashe grinned savagely - she was no fair fighter, and she’d learned that from the very best. She took any and every advantage she could exploit, even when she’d been told not to in training. It was a fact that frequently infuriated her superiors. In fact… she nearly cringed when she remembered the blinding pain in her right hand. When she had refused to handicap herself in training and use only her left hand, she’d been forced to break her right. Her frequent defiances never ended well, but she’d be damned if she was going to abandon a single one of her strengths on purpose. So, she hedged in that fence, hoping to direct him towards her as she moved towards him, or at least hinder whatever direction he was heading. ’You’re not leaving,’ she thought stubbornly.

Kalt

ashetta
it's live or die my way.

Messages In This Thread
You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 12:41 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 02:16 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 03:05 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 04:03 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 04:37 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Kalt - 11-13-2018, 05:39 AM
RE: You Can’t Take Me - by Ashetta - 11-13-2018, 06:20 AM