Training find a way
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Jigano nodded wry appreciation of Deimos's instinct to run towards trouble, especially since that instinct had saved the bard and his friends and the Fae as well from meeting those tentacles the big man had mentioned. It told him a little something about the mountain, perhaps that Deimos hadn't intended to reveal... but then again, perhaps he had. Either way, one crisis had barely passed before another had risen to take its place, and they had more malicious creatures to worry about now.

"Not alone," Jigano agreed, honest with his weakness as a warrior. "Though, that's what my magic used to be for. It was more effective than my blade." It had been a long time since he'd been so weak in magic that he'd needed his sword, though he had learned the weapon by necessity for those foes who could turn spells aside. Sometimes even the smallest cut could be the final one, and his meager assistance proved the tipping point among his more dangerous allies. Most of the time, though, he had supported them with spells to bolster their abilities, or weaken their foes. Now...

He grimaced as his attack, though well-aimed, was so easily blocked by Deimos's greater strength. It wasn't a surprise, not with how familiar the big man was with his weapon and how easily he wielded it, but the bard knew they had little time for him to learn as slowly as it seemed he would.

"Makes sense, since she's a mage too," the bard said as he withdraw and took their starting stance again. "And from what I've heard from Edy the Launceleyns were some sort of magical enforcers, trained since childhood to be soldiers... living weapons, to be wielded by their kingdom. What they went through in the process... it doesn't sound sane, to be quite honest. And whether or not we need a government, we certainly don't need that kind of crazy getting a foothold here. I wouldn't be surprised if this Queen of theirs starts rounding up mages to try and recreate 'the good old days.'"

Jigano raised a brow at the suggestion of 'nets and traps,' giving a slight shrug. "Perhaps. Zariah can call lightning, and Edy can control fire and drain the life from things. Plants. People." Amalia, his mind whispered, flickering back to the chaos and fear of Long Night, and the madness that had taken them all. "Plus whatever else their allies can do. Something we'll need to take into consideration." He relaxed from his fighting pose, nodding curiously as he straightened and rested his sword point on the ground. "If you have a suggestion for dealing with that, I'm willing to help. I have no idea how to 'resist' magic on this world but... I'll do my best." Focusing his formidable will, imagining a shield between himself and Deimos, a cocoon of mental armor around himself, he seemed to outwardly relax while inwardly he tried to tighten defenses with magic he no longer possessed.

Messages In This Thread
find a way - by Deimos - 06-19-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: find a way - by Jigano - 06-19-2019, 03:58 PM
RE: find a way - by Deimos - 06-19-2019, 04:30 PM
RE: find a way - by Jigano - 06-19-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: find a way - by Deimos - 06-19-2019, 11:46 PM
RE: find a way - by Jigano - 06-20-2019, 12:48 AM
RE: find a way - by Deimos - 06-20-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: find a way - by Jigano - 06-20-2019, 08:40 PM
RE: find a way - by Deimos - 06-20-2019, 10:30 PM
RE: find a way - by Jigano - 06-21-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: find a way - by Deimos - 06-21-2019, 06:43 PM