cut out all the ropes and let me fall
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
Coiled tense as any snake, Amalia retreats from the tumult and strife, her mind a hazy, enraged blur. It is only the presence of Deimos beside her which keeps the girl from sinking down, dropping into oblivious doubt, consumed by her own anxieties. She clings to his hand like it is a lifeboat, the only think which keeps her afloat: and in a way it is, an anchor to this world, a reminder that not everything is chaos and despair. Wordlessly she leads him away, her mind too riled for coherent speech, needing to seek and move and act, even if that action is only walking, a pointless path into the dark.

By the time they reach the Ground's center the sun is beginning to fall, descending toward a far horizon which finally the girl can see. She has relaxed slightly, though not much, terror giving way to exhaustion, the stress of the day's events taking toll on body and mind. Her figure shows her fury: a leopard's tail lashes from her back, fur on her ears, claws on her feet. Through it all she holds his hand, her fingers laced between his, the starwhale draped around her neck like a scarf, a shield, a badge. She does not stop to ask him to stay- she knows he will, she has to, because in a world where she knows nothing she has to at least know him.

At last she draws to a shuffling stop, looking up in mild surprise, as though she had not realized the trail her pacing took. It makes sense, though: the Glade has ever been a haven, a place of solace in her darkest times, though her last encounter with Frey had raised no small amount of wariness in the girl. But it is the nature of this place which draws her, the divinity it has ever seemed to hold, the songs of summer and beings of old. With a gentle squeeze and a heavy sigh Amalia drops the behemoth's hand, falling to her knees before the shrine, her eyes downcast, her fists at her side, a shuddering breath exhaled from her lungs.

"Vi," she murmurs to the ground, "Mort. We could use you guidance. I... I don't know what to do."

Set immediately after the notice board ME
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

Messages In This Thread
cut out all the ropes and let me fall - by Amalia - 06-21-2019, 12:36 AM