let’s make a deal
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
in the haze of hell i have dreamt
that you'd lift this wing and see,
that you are my first wound —
A part of her relishes in the fact that Zariah raises her brow. Of course, Rexanna has only showed her the basics – a sparkler-like creation rather than the full bloom of what she could do. But she prefers to keep it that way, and tucks her hands away after the explanation. And when Zariah speaks, Rexanna knows that her minimal offering isn’t enough. She hadn’t particularly thought it would, but she’d hoped it might be. She didn’t know Zariah, she didn’t know what kind of queen she was dealing with.

And as she approaches, Rexanna realizes what kind of Queen she really is. If she’s being honest with herself, the idea of supporting her is tantalizing in a way. But it also hits far closer to home than she had hoped for. She hadn’t wanted to be a part of a Kingdom, let alone to rule two, and here she is in another world, part of another piece. Her face doesn’t change, not as Zariah looks down on her (though it’s not the first time she’d been looked down on, a certain man with large bird of prey wings flashes before her mind) and it doesn’t frighten her.

She actually reminds her of her ex-husband in a way.

Her head tilts side to side, and she listens as Zariah praises her more – the suggestion Zariah gives her has already been on the back of her mind as a last effort. She will agree, provided Bastien go free. This is something she will not back down on. “Release Bastien;” She says, voice a bit stronger as though it were imperative. “And my services shall be yours, your Grace.” It feels like déjà vu for Rexanna.

She has been here before.

And she will be here again.

She hopes Bastien forgives her.
and that long ago,
in some distant past, with open eyes
i kissed you till it bled.

Messages In This Thread
let’s make a deal - by Rexanna - 06-24-2019, 07:51 PM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Zariah - 06-24-2019, 08:50 PM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Rexanna - 06-25-2019, 06:11 AM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Zariah - 06-25-2019, 12:29 PM
RE: let’s make a deal - by Rexanna - 06-25-2019, 11:59 PM