The World is Passing By
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam nodded (forgetting to make a noise for Remi in case he couldn't see the nod) though he couldn't in good conscience leave it there. "Well...bring someone else with you, alright? Ronin..or...or someone. Don't run after me by yourself. If something happened...it's not worth thinking of." He shook his head and shivered, unable to even concieve of the guilt he'd have.

"That's rather sweet." He smiled, pressing his lips to his knuckles as he looked off into the room, clearly pleased from the look in his eyes. "But yes, that is how it feels...while I do wish I had not lost all the memories, perhaps it is nice to have the bond, the closeness...without...or at least...without knowing about a lot of the pain." He sighed, his ineloquent phrasing hardly good enough. Shaking his head he dismissed it. "No, never mind. I am not sure what it is I am trying to say."

He stood from his seat and ran a finger along the edge of the table as if he was thinking. "I should probably go. I have things to prepare, and...I do want to leave rather quickly. This...new leader..it scares me."
Samuel
I want you so badly
But you could be anyone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
the higher i climb
Remi raised a brow, faintly amused at the number of times he and Sam would lob concern back and forth to each other. "Isla, perhaps." The alchemist suggested with a small shrug. "At least she can heal if there is any real trouble. All Ronin could do is move his eyebrows around and make jokes."

Making a non-commital sound in his throat, Remi lowered his eyes to the table, tracing the rings of wood. He disagreed of course, having realized only since truly coming to understand why it was he loved Ronin so much, that memories were far more important than he'd ever previously given them credit for. "I think I know what you mean, Sam." Remi said gently.

Looking up as Sam rose, the alchemist frowned gently but nodded. "Stay invisible then. Zariah can be reasoned with...but she has little tolerance for her rules being openly broken." Remi warned, biting the inside of his lip.

'What will you do with Mia?"
the farther i fall when i do

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Sam laughed at Remi's rather disparaging description of what Ronin would do, surprised he'd say it despite planning to ask the man to marry him. Perhaps that was what 'bickering like a married couple' meant? He could see the fondness through the words when they were spoken...and while it hurt a little, he knew that it was a good thing. That Remi had someone he was so close to.

He nodded at the warning, thoroughly planning to stay invisible as much as he could. "Don't worry. I'll try and be sure no one will see me." There was a confidence he added to try and reassure Remi that he did not really feel; in his usual pessimistic manner Sam was sure he wouldn't make it out unscathed, but he hoped he could convince Remi.

"Well, I live with the Outlander man I took in, remember? Nathaniel. I was hoping he would care for her...though I am not sure he is the most responsible man. He is often drunk and not there." Sam sighed and shrugged. "I just hope he can manage to feed her once a day."
Samuel
I want you so badly
But you could be anyone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the higher i climb
"Just remember that...there might be ways of seeing through your invisibility." Remi warned, trying not to sound as anxious as he felt. Trying to withhold the urge to say he'd accompany Sam whether the ascended wanted him to or not. That a hawk would go unnoticed, that the bookmaker shouldn't go it alone. Swallowing, he simply cleared his throat uncertainly.

The mention of the Outlander man had Remi nodding. He did remember, now, at least. With a small smile, Remi chuckled. "Well, I can stop by and make sure she is being taken care of, if you like. Will you really be gone that long?"

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Sam nodded. "I know. But...I don't think The Voice would ask me to do this if she thought I would get caught." He put a confidence in his words he didn't feel to reassure Remi, adding a nod and a smile as if he knew all the limitations of his invisibility.

"I would very much appreciate you checking on Mia...and Nate as well, to be honest. He seems a little lost here. He only arrived here a little while ago." He wasn't sure if the two would get on, but Remi didn't have to be the man's best friend, just make sure he wasn't dead.

How long would he be gone..? He wasn't sure. "I will be gone for at least a month, I think. But if I come back and it's still...like this...I'll probably go back. With my invisibility I suppose I have a kind of freedom of movement that others don't. I will come back, though. Before the end of the year." Anything more was difficult to commit to when he knew so little about his mission.
Samuel
I want you so badly
But you could be anyone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the higher i climb
Remi's smile faltered, flickered, fell. He didn't trust the Voice, not really, and at one point Sam really hadn't either. But now? He supposed it wasn't his place anymore to pry, but the concern and wariness on his face was more than clear.

"I can certainly do that." The alchemist agreed easily, curled-head dipping in acknowledgement.

Before the end of the year. That made Remi visibly gulp, pale eyes widening with horror but also sadness. He found that he very much did not want Sam to go. For all that had happened between the two, the craigs in his heart that would always be splintered and broken because of what the bookmaker did, a part of him held onto the love he'd once formed, even if his mind couldn't remember it. And it flickered brightly at moments such as this, causing a dark swath of unhappiness to broil in Remi's chest.

"True.." He agreed. "Well...I suppose I will not keep you if you need to prepare but...please Sam. Be careful. Push your button at any time, and I will always come for you. Alright?"

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

It was good to know his cat and his roommate would be cared for, or at least checked on; Sam had not intended to become responsible for anyone (he hardly felt responsible for himself) but had found himself suddenly rather cautious about two lives. He trusted Remi enough to give him that responsibility, at least for a while.

"Alright. Do not worry, Remi. I'll be as careful as I can be, and.." Sam smiled as he headed towards the door. "If I can find one, I'll even get you a gift." With this said he waved and stepped out the door, feeling as if he'd made a step towards...something.
Samuel
I want you so badly
But you could be anyone