Open | Monster
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eli
Eli shook her apology off, sighing to himself. As they sat in silence he pondered on a few things, most of them probably irrelevant before she spoke up. Eli looked at her, tilting his head a little with the same serious, scowling face, it was hard to really tell what he was thinking. He nodded, understanding more than she probably thought he did. "Well, I never had much of a life really- soldier is all I've ever really achieved, childhood was a bust, never had any sort of skills or talents, so you're doing better than me, eh?" he said, grinning a little again; though it was a small lie, he's always just had a single talent, a single skill, something he enjoyed- not that he'd really tell anyone what it was, but it was there.

Waving off her thanks he shook his head. "Nah, don't mention it Phoebe, you're a sweet girl, 'least I could do. Isn't like I'm doing anything else at the minute." he said, seeming a little bashful as he run a hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it a little. He wasn't used to compliments or thanks, it made him almost feel needed, it was unfamiliar to say the least.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." - If you want peace, prepare for war.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
She smiled a bit at him as he talked a bit down about himself. "You say that like it is easy to be a soldier. That takes a lot of hard work and skill and a strong mind." she said quietly, looking into the fireplace. "I grew up in a little quarry town. Girls were expected to get married and start a family at sixteen. Clearly didn't hit that mark. I got sponsored to finishing school but I was just the butt of everyone's jokes because I was a poor common girl. Plus the war going on keeping everyone on edge all the time. Then being portaled to a new dimension to try and restart....then suddenly brought here..." she sighed and shook her head.

There was a lot packed into her 18 years of life.

"I don't think I have more skill or talent than anyone. I just try to do my best at...whatever it is I am doing." she said before glancing at him. The compliment made her cheeks turn red but she managed a small smile. "Well I did mention it. Can't really take it back." she said.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Eli
"Well it ain't exactly serving people groobs at a bar- but it's something, so what can you do." He said, laughing a little- though he highly doubted she knew what a groob was, or even what it tasted like, but he went with it. He sat there, listening to her with a look of slight fascination, it all sounded so different so... alien. He shook his head a little. "I guess you indeed cannot- and well I think you have talent you know? Skills that help people, mine more hurt people, quite honestly." he said, giving a nod as if he'd accepted that fact as the only possibility, but he pressed on. "Place you come from sounds much different than mine- I grew up in the slums, people packed like fish, squalled mess under neon-lights... No where to go but up; parents didn't much care for me, had a basic education, didn't pay much attention to it, joined the military first chance I got, became a Helljumper- but that ain't all important." he said, running a hand through his dark locks.

"I fought wars out among the stars if you can believe that- fighting things you wouldn't believe, quite honestly." he statement, offering her a slight smile, as if trying to think back- but it was all so blurry as if it was a dream long since gone.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
"I hurt people with what I do sometimes. It can't always be avoided." she said with a light shrug. She did know what he meant, but she didn't personally think of soldiers as hurting people. They had hard jobs to protect people from those who would otherwise cause a lot of suffering. "But thank you." she said with a small smile.

Phoebe tilted her head to the side, resting her ear against her knees so she could look at him, listening to his story with fascination. It all sounded so...fantastical. Unreal. At least Caido was somewhat similar to her world. "It sounds like a make believe place." she said with a small smile. But her eyes widened when he mentioned fighting among the stars. "But...how? Could you fly in your world?" she asked.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
Honestly? He wasn't sure how to explain this, he'd never HAD to explain such concepts as the concepts just were, it was a given, taken for granted. He frowned as he tried to think about best to explain it to her, how best to describe how such a place existed. "We had ships- but they weren't on the water, they were able to propel themselves through the stars, going between them, between worlds. It's not magic, it was... science- technology- human invention that got us to that point, it may seem like magic but it wasn't, not really." he said, trying to get the concept to stick with her. "Does all this make any sense? It sounds ridiculous I know, but it's just hard to explain, especially for me, since I don't know the technical ins and outs but.. well yeah."

He sighed a little, offering her a small smile, still trying to think of ways to help get the image across to her, he eyed her a minute, still sitting on the couch where they'd originally been. He jerked his head to the side a little, as if asking her to come join him again. "Come on, come here- seems a little odd me sat on this thing by myself."

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her brow furrowed as she tried to picture it, going so far as to close her eyes. Flying ships - which for her basically looked like a large masted boat levitating through the sky. It truly was fantastical. But when he said it wasn't magic, but science - manmade - her eyes shot open. "Oh! Like uhm...Row-bots? Or Ought-o-may-tons? Someone told me about those once!" she said, hoping she was somewhat on target.

She blinked in surprise, being invited back over to the couch next to him like that. But she obliged, standing and moving over to sit where she had been before, pulling her legs up under her
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
"Robots..? Er- we have robots, but they're just tools, to help people's lives and I'm not sure what an 'ought-at-maton' is, it's mainly science and stuff I suppose." he said, exhaling a breath before giving a shake of his head as if pushing himself out of some state of mind.

"Tell me about your world- how was it? What was it like?" he asked, seemingly curious and he was actually curious to work out how different their lives had been, she looked like him, but she was a totally different species as far as he could tell, so different had the worlds they'd come from been. "Quite honestly it sounds a hell of a lot different than Hope."

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her nose wrinkled, realizing she wasn't as close to the right concept as she had hoped. "Oh...hm...so robots are little helping things and ships fly." she said and smiled a little. "It sounds pretty fantastical. I'm not sure I'll ever understand it all." she admitted. But by now, with all Frey had showed her, she had come to accept that she couldn't understand everything their was in the world.

"Well...Northwind was a kingdom, and we'd been at war for decades. But it wasn't as...I suppose advanced as your world. No robots. No flying ships. But there were mages who had great power that could make magical objects sometimes to do amazing things." she said, trying to think what else to say. "There was a really strict hierarchy too. If you were common like me, you couldn't really advance in society unless you married up ..and even then only women got away with that and actual nobilitu usually treated you poorly still."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
Tilting his head, Eli eyed her as she spoke of her world, it all seemed ancient, he honestly wondered how it was to even live in an age like that. He shrugged, not really sure how else to explain his own world. "Maybe you won't, but you can give it a good try at least. he said teasingly, giving her shoulder a small nudge with his own- though 'small' might've been a little harder for her than he realised.

"My home- it was purely based on meritocracy if you know what that is, how that works. But there were so many people that well, it was hard to not let some people slip through the cracks, get missed out and so you had slums, people like me that didn't have much- take my eyes, my parents could've had that fixed, but they didn't have the wealth to do it, so here I am with my weird fucking eyes." he said, trying to explain a little bit of his background and the world he came from as well. Though clearly he wasn't the biggest fan of the heterochromia he possessed.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her brows furrowed as he spoke, unsure why he was so irritable all of a sudden. Maybe pie hadn't bren the best idea for a meal, it did take a long time to make and he was probably hungry from being out all day. But finally he came to an example focused on himself, his eyes specifically. Her own brown one's narrowed looking at his to discern the reason. Clearly he could see, so she couldn't imagine what possibly was wrong with them.

"I don't understand." she said, watching him closely. "You aren't blind, so what's wrong with your eyes?" she asked. It didn't even occur to her that it could be the color of them.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
He eyed her for a moment, he was a little unsure if she had actually noticed them, or if they'd even registered. "They're two different colours, Phoebe, they aren't suppose to be, it just makes me stand out and I don't like standing out all that much is all." he told her, offering up a sigh as he looked away over to the kitchen, he had to admit he was a bit hungry, though he'd gone without food for a lot longer on certain occasions. He looked back to her before his eyes trailed to the ground, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees, pressing his hands together.

"It doesn't matter really, just me being grumpy as usual- sorry." he said, apologising for his sudden irritability, he glanced at her, offering a nod and a weak smile, he felt bad for just doing that to her, it wasn't what she needed right now and his brooding attitude didn't help.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe blinked in surprise when he revealed that it was the two different colors that bothered him so much. At first, she was simply stunned that his world had some non-magical method to change something like that. She wasn't even sure there was magic that could allow one to change their appearance like that! But then she registered how grumpy it made him and she wondered if it was truly such an awful thing to have in his world.

The young midwife had a deep capacity for empathy, even when overcome with her own troubles and sadness. So like he had before, she reached out and gentle placed her hand on his arm, again noticing just how small his frame made her seem. "Well, I think they are special. We always told parents that children with two colored eyes had been touched by fairies, and it was a blessing." she said with a smile, trying to cheer him up as he had her.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
Eli murmured, shaking his head with a small frown. Fairies? Another silly idea, sounding a little ridiculous to him, no- he knew that it was a genetic fault, something easily corrected yet hadn't been, making him out to be a 'slummer'. But damn it, she wasn't to know, he sighed, giving her a glance yet again. "Well, thanks, Phoebe- it means something at least. But you don't have to worry 'bout my troubles." came the response, looking at her hand on his arm for a moment.

He looked back up to her, inhaling, quickly moving on to something a little less emotional "Is that pie done yet? It smells pretty good to be honest." he said with a smile- and he wasn't wrong, the air did have the mistakable scent of cooked dough with a savoury twist, it was even pushing back the smell of herbs and spices that practically permeated the air in her clinic.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled at him warmly, even though she really didn't feel like smiling at all. "You don't have to worry about my troubles, and yet you have. Besides, I am really good at worrying." she said as a bit of a joke. But his glance at her hand made her a bit self conscious. Maybe he didn't appreciate the gesture like she did? So she pulled her hand away, muttering an apology.

"I'll go check on it." she said quietly, hurrying over to the oven. It still needed a few minutes in all honesty, so she looked around for something she could give him to tide him over. Grabbing a slice of bread and cheese, she brought it over to him. "Supper still needs a few minutes, but hopefully this will help tide you over until it is done." she said.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!