Open | Monster
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eli
He was going to tell her it was alright, he'd noticed she'd pulled her hand away from the glance, but he was a bit too late, she'd already gotten up and had moved on, Eli merely making the sound of a word, but deciding against it, sighing to himself. She was up and to the kitchen in a matter of moments, coming back with food for him. He offered her a thankful smile, and with the same enthusiasm as when she'd handed him the stew, he bit down into the cheese, and within a few moments it had gone, along with the bread- he was a bit of a messy eater and once more he looked at her. "Mrm- thanks- I'm not exactly used to food like this- military food ain't exactly top notch so you learn to just get everything down as quickly as you can, since you have no idea when you'll next me eating." he said, offering a bit of an explanation for his lack of any sort of manners.

He brushed his hands off, as he stood up, finally looking down at her again.
"Thanks Phoebe- you need any help at all? I don't mind doing a task you give me; beats sitting around." he asked, hands resting on his hips idly. For everything Eli was, people couldn't say he wasn't eager to work or help.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." - If you want peace, prepare for war.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
She smiled a little as he chowed down on the bresd and cheese as if it were a gourmet meal. "Well as long as you're here I will make sure you get fed." she said with a smile. It made sense to her why he ate the way he did, and wouldn't hold it against him in any way. Hopefully with more consistent and better food, he would learn to relax a little and enjoy his meals.

"Oh." she said thoughfully, brows furrowing as she tried to think of something he could help her with. "Well there is some firewood put back that needs chopping and stacking by the door, if you wouldn't terribly mind doing that?" she asked.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Eli
"Yeah no problem." he said, finally a job he was very much suited for. He offering her one last smile before he made his way out to where the firewood has, and sure enough, a pile of small logs rested in a small pile by a tree stump, the axe rested down on top of it. He moved over to it rolling up his sleeves as he picked up the axe, weighing it up in his hand, he bent down, picking a log up to stand atop the stump, eyeing it over for a moment before before he swung the axe high, letting the hand nearest the axe slide down to the axe butt where his other hand was positioned. His back straightened and he pushed all his effort into a downswing...

The log split open almost instantly, as the head made contact with a crack he'd been aiming for, the two halves toppled from the stump and landed either side. He exhaled, grinning a little to himself and so he began the process again. Log. Stump. High. Swing. Split. Slowly producing a small bundle of firewood at either side.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She sighed as he stepped outside, staring at her hands. Emmett used to be the ones that did things like that for her. It was nice of Eli to take care of it this time, but she was going to have to get used to doing everything on her own again. After a few minutes of further sulking she stood and took out the pie to cool on the counter, pulling out a couple of plates and cups. Her own stomach was beginning to rumble too from hunger, having not eaten anything all day.

By the time Eli returned, there was a plate with a hearty slice of meat pie waiting for him and a glass of water on the table. Phoebe was sitting by the fireplace, a plate with a slice of pie on her lap. Pim was sat in front of her, looking very catlike with his eyes trained on her, tail swishing back and forth. Every so often she would toss a piece of meat in the air, and he would jump up, snatching it up in his little jaws as he glided back down to the ground. It took longer to feed him this way, but it helped him practice his flying and hunting instincts, so Phoebe was happy to take the extra time with him.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
Eventually Eli came back inside, having piled the split firewood outside the door just like she asked, he'd built up a bit of a sweat over the fifteen or minutes he'd been out, and clearly as he stepped back inside, he was looking for something to eat and drink, he quietly ventured over to the table, having spotted the plate and glass that he assumed was for him. He sat himself down and picked up the glass, within a few moments downing the water, placing the glass down with a firm 'slam' before he tucked into the pie, he'd honestly never really had food like this, not really- where he was from, it wasn't something anyone had.

Glancing over to Phoebe he smiled a little, eyeing her by the fireplace. "Mrm- yeah this is nice, Phoebe, what's in it exactly?" he asked, after having swallowed a mouthful, he dusted off his hands and stretched a little, hand running down his cheek to feel how his beard was growing in, frowning he peered about, as if looking for something.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe glanced at him as he came in, clearly having done some hard work from the sheen on his skin. And as he tucked in she smiled a little before returning to eating her meal and feeding Pim. At least Pim wasn't snarling and sniffing at Eli suspiciously anymore. That made her feel more relaxed, trusting Pim's instincts with others more than her own.

"I'm glad you like it." she said with a smile, glancing up at him again. "It's sort of a left over pie. Bits of meat from yesterday's stew and some salt pork I needed to use, as well as left over vegetable bits from the week." Phoebe was not one to let things go to waste so leftover pies were pretty common now that she had a decent income to keep her shelves stocked with food. But she did notice him looking around. "Is there something you need?"
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
Having not seen what he wanted he looked over to her, exhaling a little with a frown as if he'd lost something. "Do you have a mirror... somewhere? Do you have those here? I want to shave and I'm unsure where I can go to do that." he said, honestly quite unsure if they had something to look into in Caido. He quietly finished off the rest of his pie as he stood up, taking the plate and glass with him and meandering over to the kitchen with them, rinsing them both off in the sink before placing them upside down in the country to dry. He turns, folding his arms across his chest and wanders back over to near the table, his eyes drawn to her again.

He was getting used to be being here, though he did need to still step outside every now and again before things got a little too small for him; thankfully he was sure she'd have a few jobs he could perform outside for her, she did seem to handle a lot by herself so he was fairly happy to do that he could to at least relieve her a little.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
When he looked back at her though, she was outright gaping, jaw slack, at what she had just witnessed. It was an amazing thing really, a man cleaning up after himself just...because. Not because she asked. Not because he was trying to please her or anything. Just because he had two legs, two hands, and a brain capable of thinking through the task. Not only did he put them in the sink, he cleaned them immediately and set them aside to dry. It was like a literal miracle playing out before her.

"U-uhm..." she stuttered, shaking her head a bit to get her wits about her. "Ah, yes. Yes I have a mirror and wash basin you can use upstairs." she said, setting her plate aside as she stood. First she looked at Pim sternly. "Do not eat my pie. You had your supper." she said, wagging her finger at the baby dragon. Pim just yawned and scratched at the little nubs on his head where horns were beginning to push through.

"I have a razor too if you need one." she said as she lead him upstairs. This area was one room, with a fireplace and small seating area, her bed which was plush with pillows and soft blankets, a few cabinets and a stand with washbasin and mirror as promised.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
He followed her upstairs, giving Pim a suspicious look from over his shoulder as they left the dragonling behind. As she led him inside, he peered around, eyeing the homely looking furnishing and various pillows and blankets on her bed. He wasn't exactly used to such a soft looking room, but it certainly made a nice change he thought. Finally spotting the mirror and wash basin he wandered over to it. "Where's the razor?" he asked, not seemingly able to see it just yet, he leaned over the wash basin, looking at himself in the mirror as he turned his head to the left and then the right, keeping his eyes fixed on where he needed to shave.

"What do you think, clean shave or leave a bit of stubble, what do you prefer?" he quizzed, peering over his shoulder, he wasn't exactly sure why he was asking her, the thought never really crossed his mind as to why, merely that he should. His beard at this point had filled in more than he normally had it, the dark stubble having turned into the a light beard that was the makings of something a bit fuller. He looked back, weighing up his options.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe was rustling through one of the cabinets. Based on the contents he could see, it was clearly a supply closet with various medical supplied, but the young blonde still managed to produce a straight razor from it. Why did a midwife need straight razors in their supply closest, you ask? The world may never know.

"Here you are." she said, holding it out to him handle first, fingers gingerly holding it by a leather cover. Phoebe blinked, head tilting to the side. How did she like it? Her cheeks flushed a little. "Well...I think it looks good as it is, honestly." she said quietly.

Pim, however, gift of Frey that he was, wasn't entirely leaving them alone. He'd been skeptical at first but his instincts were telling him otherwise. While the two humans were distracted - pitiful instinctless creatures they were - Pim pushed at the door, slowly closing it, fully aware it would lock from the outside. How did he know this? Well the tiny dragon had a very shiny key im his jaws.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
"Appreciate it." he said as he took the razor from her, turning back to the wash basin and mirror he had a bit of a hard time actually working out how to get the thing to work, finally getting the blade to come out from the handle. He blinked, looking over his shoulder again as she said what she thought. "...You do? Huh- I'll keep that in mind." he chimed, offering her a small grin as he turned back. He proceeded to start neatening up what he could, running the edge across various parts of his face, his fingers delicately holding the shank to allow for better control. Every now then he dipped the blade into the water, washing it off and actually providing some wetness so the shave wasn't completely dry.

He narrowed his eyes a little as he worked, deciding to strike up conversation instead. "Why exactly do you keep these here? I can't imagine you need to shave much." he asked, not actually having considered the thought of them being for patients or anything, he submerged blade into the water again, rinsing it off as he looked over his shoulder at her, offering a questioning grin. "Or I don't know- do you?"

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Keep it in mind? Why would he care what she thought of it? Her cheeks flushed a bit though as she turned to rummage for a towel for him. Certainly he would want to dry his face when he was through. She placed it neatly on the footboard of the bed so it was handy for him when he needed it. But then he asked why she had such a razor and between the question and that sneaky grin, the implications had her face turning bright red.

"That is a very rude question to ask a lady I'll have you know and I shan't answer it!" she said, crossing her arms, cheeks still aflame with embarrassment. That question had been right up there with some of Frey's best comments. "I keep them for my practice. Sometimes i need to perform emergency caesarean sections and those make clean cuts that are easy to sew back together." she said, letting him sit there with the thought that perhaps the blade he was running along his face had been used to cut a person open. Served him right. "That one has never been used though."

Through the bickering the two seemed to not notice the light click of the door latching behind them. Pim, very pleased with himself, scurried back downstairs. He deposited the key in front of the shrine to Frey, before curling around it and licking the alter affectionately. Daddy Frey would have been so proud, Pim thought!
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Eli
The thought crossed his mind for a moment as he actually stopped in the middle, yet as she confirmed it hadn't been used he grunting and continued again. Finally he'd finished, he rotated the blade back into the handle, setting it aside before lowering his head into the wash basin, scooping up a handful of water that he splashed over his face, doing this several time he came up, face damp and dripping. Thankfully she'd left a towel that he quickly collected from the footboard and ran across his face, drying it off. He looked out from behind it, eyeing her a moment. "Well a lady such as yourself clearly doesn't need a surly common man dirtying up her bedroom huh?" he said, clearly teasing from the smirk as he ran the towel across himself again until it was dry.

Surprisingly he placed it back on the footboard, proceeding to fold it up before her eyes to that of a neat square before turning and sighing, moving to the door... which he found locked. He frowned a little, giving the handle a few good tugs. "Did- why the hell isn't it opening; is it locked?" he asked, looking back to her with a slight tenseness on his features, the idea of being locked in felt a little... suffocating.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her cheeks puffed up with a hint of irritation as he used his words against her to tease her and tear himself down. "I meant lady as in a female not a lady lady! I'm common too, I know I told you that." she huffed, arms crossed. The little smirk only irritated her more - not in a truly irritated way of course. It was all fun and games, but he clearly had the upperhand somehow. Though, as he proceeded to fold the towel into the nice square it had been in originally and hang it on the footboard, rather than tossing it in a damp lump on the floor, she stared again, almost as if in awe of what she saw. Because really she was. Was he just doing this to be a good house guest?

His tugging at the door handle pulled her out of her tidiness induced stupor, and she glanced at the door. "Oh, you just have to...oh!" she gasped, eyes widening. "Oh no the key must've fallen out!" she said, hurrying over. It didn't really make sense. The key had never fallen out of the keyhole before! Phoebe knelt down, scanning under the door to see if she could get to it, but alas it wasn't there.

"Pim! Pim come and help me! Get me the key!" she called. But instead of hearing the little dragon scurrying across the floor to come to her aid, all she got was a series of images in her mind. Herself, Eli, the bed, and then the warm fuzzy feeling that Frey always created when they were around. Her whole face suddenly turned bright red. "Ooooh, Pim! That is not happening you get your scaley little butt up here right now!" This was followed by the image of Pim, happily napping by Frey's shrine.

"That pesky little dragon locked us in here!" She said with a huff, sitting back on her heels, cheeks puffed.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!