Training threading the needle
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
She chuckles. Essentially is not the same as yes, but it gives her a sense of what Rexanna is really on about. And to her credit, Wessex is patient in this explanation, because deep down, while she may scorn the weaker of their kind, she would very much like a kind of sister. Not a Magrethe-type sister, but someone who doesn’t elicit so much… incompetence as half their kind, or border on the edge of is untrustworthy, like Lucas.

“Babies are out. We aren’t ‘human.’ Our biological needs and functions are taken away in the Ascending process, replaced with I guess what would be called regulating ‘systems.’ Which is… interesting. You don’t have to breathe. You don’t have to pee, or eat, or drink. No pain, either. Pleasure comes with biting, and though I’ve never bitten another Ascended, I can imagine it might be better than biting a normal person.” She shrugs in her speculation, going through the list of key things she’s learned about herself in the past year and a half. The cool thing then is that she also imagines they could just like, walk under water for days if need be. They don’t need to worry about packing rations or carrying water with them. They can go into the places another human might be terrified to go into, or be unable to go into.

She wishes she had known Isla, the doctor who decided to Ascend. She’d heard the woman was kind, potentially unlike anyone else in their logic-filled, often selfish, ambitious group. Their Lady tends to attract a certain type. Rexanna would put a nice little variation into

But at the mention of her boyfriend, Wessex stills. She puts the arrow and the knife down and turns to Rexanna. Her tone turns very serious, a contrast to the light-hearted information she was giving only moments before. “Rexanna. I’m sure you’ve considered it, but I have to emphasize that this isn’t something you should do because of someone else. It must be for you. It’ll irreversibly change your life and if it’s not something you truly want, or if you’re feeling pressure from someone else, it could create some serious resentment and regret. Some things you may not like can be fixed… but you can’t Un-Ascend.

You won’t be able to stand in the sunlight for a very long time. And the night… it can change you, if you let it.

As for her blonde brother… she makes a face. “Lucas only cares about himself. I'm also selfish, but I don't mind answering questions. Anything else?” She still has mixed feelings about the man. He’s great when they can unite under what their mother needs, but with the confession that he’d just as likely stab her in the back, she has become quite cautious about what she will reveal to him.
black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul

Messages In This Thread
threading the needle - by Wessex - 07-06-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: threading the needle - by Rexanna - 07-07-2019, 07:05 PM
RE: threading the needle - by Wessex - 07-08-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: threading the needle - by Rexanna - 07-09-2019, 06:19 AM
RE: threading the needle - by Wessex - 07-09-2019, 10:11 AM
RE: threading the needle - by Rexanna - 07-12-2019, 04:29 AM
RE: threading the needle - by Wessex - 07-13-2019, 01:54 PM
RE: threading the needle - by Rexanna - 07-13-2019, 05:33 PM