Personal Quest Discovering Diseases
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe listened with amazement to Nate as he spoke. There were worlds and realms where people knew and understood cells already? She might've been jealous under other circumstances, but for now it gave her hope. These cells that Frey revealed to her were not beyond human comprehension, simply beyond the technology that had been available up to this point. "What's the difference between a Chloroplast and Chlorophyll?" Phoebe asked Nate, managing to pronouncing correctly because her omnipresent narrator did not have the brain capacity to come up with something more creative.

The Dean listened quietly to what everyone had to say, gently tapping her chin. "It would make sense if it was a parasite. It would be able to travel and spread more quickly than a normal illness." Phoebe said in agreement with Vai. "And if the parasite is attacking the Chlorophyll so the plant can't get energy, then it would shrivel and die." Whether it came from the Voice or the Spire or not? "I don't know if it came from the Spire or the Voice...but anything is possible. She did make those Flinthoppers didn't she?" she asked Amalia. But Phoebe's mind was already going forward about three hundred miles a minute.

"So it seems we all are in agreeance that there is a parasite at work, not a disease. So what we need to do is find a treatment - something that can be spread through the Greatwood that will make it immune to the effects of the parasite, or somehow kill the parasite, or even simply make it undesirable to it." she said. This was where she was stumped. What would Frey ask her in this moment? Probably something like...'How does anyone figure out how to do anything, my little duckling?'

Trial and error.

Phoebe went back to the storage closet and pulled out more supplies. She set out on the table a series of small glass trays and a few very sharp knifes. "Amalia, please take the Unblighted moss specimen and cut it up into as many small pieces as you can and place one piece in the trays." she said, clearly on a roll with some hunch. "Vervain, please go into town and see if you can get your hands on any remedies the farmers here have used to fight off various insects and pests for their crops. If they want payment, tell them the Dean of the College will come by later to pay them back." she said, before finally pinning Nate with a serious look. "Clearly you have some sort of advanced knowledge of the world and medicine that no one else here does. Help me find anything you think we could treat the plants with that won't harm them, but would keep this parasite away. I've a cabinet of more hazardous solutions in my office." she said, accompanying him to collect whatever he thought might work.

Tasks:

Vai: go get some pesticides!
Amalia: cut up some smaller samples from the moss and put them in the trays!
Nate: help Phoebe select some more potent chemicals to develop a treatment with them!
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!

Messages In This Thread
Discovering Diseases - by Phoebe - 07-07-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Vervain - 07-07-2019, 07:00 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Amalia - 07-07-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Nate - 07-08-2019, 06:05 AM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Phoebe - 07-08-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Nate - 07-12-2019, 03:31 AM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Vervain - 07-12-2019, 07:55 PM
RE: Discovering Diseases - by Amalia - 07-13-2019, 04:29 PM