i can't stop judging everything
Emmett
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

For my part, I know nothing with any certainty
"Oh, Vi, I'm sorry." Is she? it isn't clear from her tone of voice just how tragic she finds this breakup, but Amalia is sorry that Emmett is sad, that another weight has been added to the burdens they all currently share. His comment about outlanders and naturals makes her bite her lip, her expression clouding slightly as she turns to look away. "I don't know... I think that one thing - the only thing - Zariah has right is that we have to stop thinking about it in those terms. Outlanders and Naturals. We all live here now, y'know, and a lot of Outlanders aren't so bad." She trails off, a little bit of a blush rising on her cheeks.

That this year has been hard is a powerful understatement, and the girl remembers with a clenching pang that Emmett has had it harder than most. "Everything's changed," Amalia agrees, and that too is an understatement. Their world has fractured and expanded without their input or consent, walls broken down by those with no appreciation for why they'd been built.

Looking back at the boy before her, she wishes she could shield him, protect him from the trials they have faced, the countless ones doubtless soon to come. Instead she reaches across the table, offering her hand in solidarity, comfort, support, a promise and reminder that despite it all, they are still them. "We'll make the next year better," Amalia tells him softly. "Bad times never last forever."

She isn't sure she believes this, but it doesn't really matter. In the end, the lies they tell themselves are all they have to shield against those most painful of truths.
but the sight of the stars makes me dream

Messages In This Thread
i can't stop judging everything - by Amalia - 07-10-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Emmett - 07-10-2019, 06:24 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Amalia - 07-10-2019, 08:40 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Emmett - 07-11-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Amalia - 07-14-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Emmett - 07-15-2019, 06:52 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Amalia - 07-17-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Emmett - 07-21-2019, 01:57 PM
RE: i can't stop judging everything - by Amalia - 07-21-2019, 09:06 PM