Personal Quest No admittance, except on party business
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
Amalia has already explained to Deimos a little of the wedding customs, but is happy to repeat them again here. Remi's enthusiasm to embrace her culture fills the girl with a bashful sort of pleasure, a strange mix of bittersweet nostalgia and radiant pride curling her lips into a distant smile. It should have been her grandmother here, baking and counseling, guiding and planning, her laughter infectious, her tongue alight with stories and wisdom and wishes well. Instead Remi is stuck with Amalia, quiet and concise, shy and withdrawn.

But oh, for him, she will do her best.

Clearing her throat, the baker turns to Phoebe and Deimos, tilting her head as she catalogs the items they will need for the ceremony she has in mind. "We'll need string - or ribbon - for the partner's chosen family member to tie around the other's wrist. Each of them should bring a lantern and seedling, though that's up to them to make and find. Usually the fire is kept pretty small and narrow. We used to have a brazier for it but I don't know where that is. They have to jump over it together, so it shouldn't be too tall. So maybe that? Brazier and string."

Trailing off, Amalia turns back to Remi, happy to move on to the easier part of her day. She has made a selection of fall-themed desserts (which sold quite well in the shop that morning), and now she sets out a slice of each. The cakes are as follows: spiced pumpkin, apple cinnamon, caramel swirl, apple cider with rum glaze, gingerbread, pear and honey, and caramel pecan. Gazing anxiously up at Remi, she gestures to the slices. "I can tweak and change anything you want. Or do something different. Or anything."
I tend to avoid getting emotional
I'm not shutting you out
It's just the way I'm born
But I see myself next to you until we're old

Messages In This Thread
No admittance, except on party business - by Remi - 07-11-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: No admittance, except on party business - by Amalia - 07-13-2019, 04:16 PM