Mini Event we're only human, after all
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Jigano sat back quietly as votes were made, one by one. Remi stood up to speak at one point, and for once the bard didn’t try to answer, letting others answer – or not, as each preferred. He had half-expected the meeting to be more subdued than the last one, and to be able to remain in his disguise as the curmudgeon who stayed to the Outskirts. The weight of recent events did as much to keep him silent as the role he was playing, however, and it took little acting to simply watch the vote unfurl from beneath his hat and eyepatch.

As Amalia counted out the votes one at a time, he nodded to himself, unsurprised at the final numbers. Ronin had charisma, humility, courage, the blessing of a goddess, and experience as a leader. Jigano had backed him before for all those reasons. Wessex had some of those things, but the Guildmaster simply had more… and, as had been pointed out at the last unfortunate meeting, he also had previous experience and personal knowledge about Zariah that would be extremely useful in the days to come. So long as Ronin was willing to accept the nomination this time around – and since he had stood up at the beginning, it seemed a safe bet - the bard allowed himself to feel hopeful that his friends and found family were in good hands.

He gave the Guildmaster his courteous attention when the Captain stood to accept the outcome of the vote. He nodded silent agreement on the advisor suggestion, though he kept his misgiving about not using the role as a spy to himself. Then again, that would put whoever it was in far more danger… so perhaps Ronin’s suggestion was the wisest after all. A thoughtful frown marred his age-lined face at the list of Zariah’s assets, the reminder important but unpleasant every time. Truth was a bitter pill to swallow, indeed, when it came to the Tyrant’s magical skills. Fire and lightning and who knew what else…

The frown softened to an approving nod as Amalia was named, satisfaction glittering in his uncovered eye as he reached out lightly, gently, through the Attuned bond to offer her his support and strength, as she had done for him not so long ago. It took him a moment to realize that his name had been called as well, an accolade unlooked for that left him frozen for a moment in surprise. He cleared his throat sheepishly, taking off his hat and reaching up to remove the eyepatch as well. His hair and skin were still darkened and aged by his bardic skills, but as he straightened from his slouch, the hints of the familiar lorekeeper might be spotted beneath the disguise he had taken on. ”I’m afraid staying out of trouble isn’t my strong suit,” he admitted, his familiar wry humor apparent in his voice. ”And since I didn’t play nice with Zariah’s draft board my movements are more limited… but Kiada helped me move a number of important books and ones I thought might be useful in the coming days from the Loreseekers Hall before it was closed.” He offered his friend and her luxere a wink and a quick smile. ”So hopefully I can still be useful in some fashion. And I am willing to try and work between our home and Arduinna, if Amalia will help mediate with Delah, and between us all hopefully we can find a peaceful way forward.”

He hesitated, looking around at those gathered: people from different worlds, of different races, different skills and different strengths. It was a good start, he thought, and the smile he offered to Ronin was genuine. ”In short, I would like to help you however I can,” he said simply. ”And in that vein, the point you and Remi made last time was a good one; you know Zariah better than any of us. I have recently found a treatise on the magic of Caido, and I may be able to provide more information on the strengths and weaknesses of what we can expect from her powers in that arena, if we know what elements and skills she has manifested so far.”

Messages In This Thread
we're only human, after all - by Amalia - 07-12-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Ronin - 07-12-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Remi - 07-12-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Kiada - 07-13-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Deimos - 07-13-2019, 11:38 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Bastien - 07-14-2019, 10:06 AM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Amalia - 07-14-2019, 05:36 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Jigano - 07-14-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Deimos - 07-14-2019, 05:49 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Kiada - 07-14-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: we're only human, after all - by Remi - 07-14-2019, 10:07 PM