Pride and the Fall
For Zariah!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 34 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Her head tilted slightly to the side as she considered the quite tall young man. Even though it was clear in the tone of his voice that he wasn’t particularly pleased with the change she had made to the way magic users were referred, he still managed to show her proper respect. There were no grandstands about what was right or fair, there was no bemoaning her place of birth or her methods. Just a question, searching for explanation behind her actions, rather than questioning her authority outright.

Oh, where had such a levelheaded fellow been during the open audience?

”Please, do sit. I am happy to discuss this issue with you.” Zariah said, taking a seat across from him. She crossed her legs and clasped her hands over her knee, back perfectly straight. She still watched him with that doll-like stare, however unsettling it might be. ”I might counter your question with one of my own – why would you rather be Abandoned, a name that does not describe you, than Destined, which is what you really are?” she said lightly. ”The only reason we are referred to as Abandoned in the first place is because of the mistake of one individual centuries ago. I see no reason you or I should bear the brunt of that burden. We are not to blame for their actions, and I will certainly not be abandoning anyone.” she said, a sweet smile curving her lips. ”So long as I’ve sway, you and those like you will not carry that burden any longer. You are exactly as nature made you – destined for greatness, for more, gifted with talents at birth. No god gave you magic as the Attuned or Ascended gain their powers, and you are more than an Accepted. It is destiny alone that has granted you these gifts, and so you are Destined.”
zariah
If it is danger you seek, come on over. I covet tranquility but beget the tempest storm.

Messages In This Thread
Pride and the Fall - by Feral - 07-16-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Zariah - 07-16-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Feral - 07-16-2019, 04:05 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Zariah - 07-16-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Feral - 07-16-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Zariah - 07-16-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Feral - 07-16-2019, 06:07 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Zariah - 07-16-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Feral - 07-17-2019, 02:32 AM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Zariah - 07-17-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: Pride and the Fall - by Feral - 07-21-2019, 01:54 AM