to take arms against a sea of troubles
Open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Deimos leaves out anything that might have made her care about their dangerous escapade. Tulhaimnar? A thing of the Fae, who despise her. Safrin? Hates her too She reacts very little, but saves that tidbit of information for later. Not because she can do anything to affect a Goddess, but because it is useful to know the state of things.

It would have been easy to craft a half-truth if he had asked, but instead, the man focuses on what is maybe the most pertinent information for their the little group. How to escape from Zariah. She sighs, wanting to embellish it, forever wondering if she might have been able to make it out of the woods without the help of that commanding, exquisite Fae. In the end though, she sticks to the facts. Making herself look better won’t do any good here, won't help with any strategies Deimos might be able to come up with for the future. Sitting up a little straighter, Wessex begins to recount her escape. “One of the perks of being an Ascended is that at night I’m very agile and fast. And I don’t feel pain. She put lightning manacles on me but I broke through them. Ran into the dense forest. I think she hit me with some life drain magic, but it was poorly aimed, so it didn’t do much. At least that’s what I assume it was, since I felt a little weaker than before. Could have been a combination of lightning on my systems and that - I don’t know.”

She shrugs. Figuring out what magics people have and how they work has never been important until now. “In the Greatwood, she called down a massive lightning storm, which managed to miss me, but I’ll never know what would have happened. A red-haired Fae woman appeared and was very angry about the damage done to the trees. She let me go… also weird, considering her kind had just imprisoned me in a pit. I have no idea what happened after that, just got the hell out of there. I think Zariah would have tried to kill me, otherwise.” She tries to keep it nonchalant, but the Abandoned woman’s pathological need for dominance has given the Ascended a healthy dose of not wanting to touch her with a ten foot pole unless it’s to take her down kind of thing. There is a moment of silence as she too, plays the omitting game, leaving out the part where she now seems to owe the woman two favors when she can’t even remember owing her one. So there’s that mystery to unravel as well.  

She absorbs the rest of the information in silence, biting the inside of her lip to keep from banging on the table in frustration. A simple nod as the walls go up again. “Anything else about Zariah? What prompted this meeting?”

And yes, that question about Ronin lingers in her mind. But first things first.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: to take arms against a sea of troubles - by Wessex - 07-19-2019, 08:34 AM