At Last
Devrum Calob
Farmer / Butcher

Age: 45 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Devrum thought a moment, know Vai's request was merely hypothetical, but he grinned a bushy, bearded grin and scooped Vervain into his arms. "Right then, no sense wasting time then ain't there?" He muttered, had she allowed herself to sway in his arms as his stocky, powerful legs and their short strides carried them toward the designated spot, Devrum would find that perfectly soft spot to place the huntress and quickly gather the elements for a comforting fire, contained by the larges stones he placed around it.

He gathered some moss and leaves, making a natural blanket of sorts to drape over Vai's legs. As powerful as his frame and demeanor revealed Devrum to be, there were times he appeared endearingly gentle. He was silent mostly as he catered to Vervain's thoughts of what would make her happy, taking his time to ensure her needs were met.

In time Devrum would finally bring himself to sit at her side, a hand reaching to gently adjust the moss-blanket around her legs before looping around her waist and leaning her enough where Vai's head would rest against his shoulder.

Fingers gently strumming along her side as he stared at the flames, embracing the ease of the crackling sound and the warmth it radiated. "You've adjusted easily...you always seem to." Devrum finally spoke, giving Vai a faint growl-like chuckle. Whether in Northhaven, or this world...Vervain never lacked the ability to adapt. In many ways she was superior, in her ability to distinguish strength and empathy...something Devrum still wasn't even sure he could do.

"I was prepared to do anything...horrible...horrible things. Back home...before I was ready to die, ready for anything. Than I had something to lose, and I felt something I ain't ever felt...not for a long time. I was scared..." Devrum cleared his throat, shrugging the thought away. "...I wasn't going to lose you...I was prepared to do anything, the worst things..."

His voice trailed off as he looked over the surrounding woodlands, finally acknowledging the ambiance, the deceptive tranquility of it all. "Divine intervention...it's all I can explain what happened...cause here we are, and all that back there just seems like a passing memory...figment of my imagination. Just about the only real thing to come from all of that is with me right now." Fingers curled to squeeze Vai's side gently.

"Ain't often second, much less third chances come your way...to make yourself better...but here I am...this is going to work. The tavern, our home...it's going to work...finally...just still getting used to the thought I suppose..." He muttered dismissively as if he were a rambling sentimental idiot.

Messages In This Thread
At Last - by Vervain - 11-18-2018, 05:03 PM
RE: At Last - by Devrum - 11-20-2018, 07:34 PM
RE: At Last - by Vervain - 11-21-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: At Last - by Devrum - 11-27-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: At Last - by Vervain - 11-27-2018, 09:15 PM
RE: At Last - by Devrum - 11-27-2018, 11:41 PM
RE: At Last - by Vervain - 12-01-2018, 01:19 PM