walking far from home
for Amalia! <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4967
KIADA
your battleworn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore
that you are ruined
She snorts in response to Amalia’s comment, but the soft spot within Kiada preens at the attention, at the opportunity to learn something new, to become something. Perhaps to create, rather than destroy, with her scar flecked hands and darkened heart. And the Harpy explains a small amount, while she begins to put the scones together, watching from the corner of her eyes as Amalia moves into the back of the bakery and grabs a few more things. Instead of following, Kiada begins to mix the ingredients together.

And when Amalia returns, pulls up a stool, and asks, Kiada pauses for a moment. Nobody has actually asked for her to tell it, even if Amalia’s was a bit on the fence. She knew the leopardess, the shield would never pressure her into telling her. But, well, if she could explain to someone and still have them support her, to know her darkness and show her the signs of its return, was it really so bad? Would it be so bad to have someone know the deepest, darkest parts of you, and still accept you?

She didn’t think it did.

Kiada inhales quietly and nods with a soft smile. But before she begins, she pauses in making the scones to take her jacket off, to show the welts and dark bruises that cling to her collarbone as well as the side of her face as she leans toward Amalia to apply the balm. “I was born in a place with red rivers and waterfalls, with my twin brother Kianzo, to start.” She begins, bracing herself for the gut wrenching feeling of remembering her brother and how he’s gone from her grasp. The sun to her moon. “And things were fine for a time, my mother worked beneath Deimos. She was his Thief, his spy of sorts. And we lived in a wonderful place of mountains and cold, with beautiful lights that danced overhead. It was home. But our father, he wasn’t from Deimos’ rule. He was the King of another neighboring land.” Her shoulders roll in a slight shrug.

And my mother, she broke her promise to Deimos on one of our nation’s festivals, wanted to take us to live with our father. But my twin had gone missing. And I couldn’t find him, and we still left. I raged against most things, became angry and frustrated in the search for my brother, and that’s when I met Kisamoa. At first, I thought he was a smaller god, like Ludo or Safrin compared to Vi and Mort.” She says, glancing to Amalia to say she’s been listening to the Shield of Safrin, even despite not having met a single god. “And I had asked him for help, to help find my brother and bring him back to me. He gave me a necklace, an amulet of sorts, promised me power and strength. And my brother came back.

But Kisamoa, he turned out to be Kaos. And he killed our gods, opened a portal, and told us to go through to the next world. Many tried to fight back, many died. But my mother, she pushed me through it. I lost my brother again, lost my father too. I lost Ru’in the first time, that way.” She says quietly, remembering the leopardess’ comfort in the Temple over Longnight. “And when I passed through the portal, the necklace exploded. It’s why I have the scar on the side of my neck.” Her eyes lift to look over at Amalia, a tender softness to her gaze that’s never been there before.
and you wonder why he lets you
the butcher
touch him,
the sun
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Messages In This Thread
walking far from home - by Kiada - 07-21-2019, 06:05 AM
RE: walking far from home - by Amalia - 07-21-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: walking far from home - by Kiada - 07-22-2019, 03:23 AM
RE: walking far from home - by Amalia - 07-22-2019, 07:17 PM
RE: walking far from home - by Kiada - 07-23-2019, 05:00 AM
RE: walking far from home - by Amalia - 07-25-2019, 06:12 PM
RE: walking far from home - by Kiada - 07-27-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: walking far from home - by Amalia - 07-30-2019, 05:09 PM
RE: walking far from home - by Kiada - 07-31-2019, 03:15 AM