Rewrite the Stars
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
He couldn’t quite snort in his bird form, but the sense of it came through the Attuned link, humor and a piquant hint of ‘no thanks’ to the thought of Edy and chains and the decidedly awkward place that was going. She might not have been as close with him as Amalia was, but he still felt fondly protective of the Launceleyn wildcat and the thought of a sexual encounter with her was just… weird.

Invisibility cloaks were a much safer topic, and one Jigano retreated to with a bit of relief. It sounds as though we are all so busy trying to protect each other that we aren’t always remembering to protect ourselves. He chirred thoughtfully for a moment, then bobbed his head. I was letting my worry for our friends and my pride speak before, he admitted. If I manage to talk my way out of jail, I would gladly accept your gift. If I do end up in jail… well. I’ll still accept it, but it might be useful for whoever comes to get me to wear on the way in. His wry humor slipped through the bond, even as he chortled a rattling raven’s laugh.

His eyes watched Aoife’s flower-slaying antics even as his mind raced down other avenues. Mention of Sam would have had ears perking forward if he’d had them, but the bird had to settle for hopping – rather comically, though he didn’t realize it. Sam is alright? He went missing and I haven’t seen him… well. Not so surprising, I suppose. His admission was rueful, given that he knew of his friend’s own ability to become invisible. But he was well when you spoke? Remi already seemed skeptical of the Voice’s honesty, and there was little more that Jigano could add to his healthy wariness towards the goddess.

When we first went into the Spire, back in Flowerbirth, there was a second chamber beyond where the Tulmhainar lived, he tried to explain. In it there was a pillar of light guarded by a gigantic serpent. It was almost like he was made of living stone, but his fangs were as long my forearms. He wasn’t hostile… or at least, not towards myself and Roana. And he spoke to me, along the Attuned link. Jigano hesitated, deflating again as he bowed his head at the memory. I tried to get him to leave, but he wouldn’t abandon his guardianship of the light. That light might very well be a portal, according to the book Amalia recovered for Safrin. I thought he died in the cave-in after the Spire started shaking… but the Tulmhainar said he was alive, as she had survived, and that she had been protecting him from the poison.

In truth, Jigano hadn’t been sure Remi would accept. The alchemist was usually quick to agree to such things, he thought, but that had been before Aoife and Ronin’s return. Now… well. To be honest… that is why I would prefer not to ask you, he admitted, ducking his head guiltily. You’ve been through so much already, and you’ve earned as much peace with your family as you can find. If there was any way I could let you stay here with Ronin and Aoife, I would, both for you and for them. But… I don’t know of any other way than this. Remi and Vai both, with their young children, were the last pair he wanted to bring in such a dangerous quest. And yet, according to the Tulmhainar, they were both indispensable. He raised his head a little, trying to bring the mood back up from where he had dragged it down. But of course we can wait for the wedding. I saw the notice, and I meant to congratulate you both! His gaze drifted to the laughing child who was covering the lion in more flowers and grass stains, and a sly twinkle came into his blue eye. And I think I know just what to get you…

Messages In This Thread
Rewrite the Stars - by Jigano - 07-22-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Remi - 07-22-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Jigano - 07-23-2019, 01:48 AM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Remi - 07-23-2019, 02:02 AM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Jigano - 07-23-2019, 02:24 AM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Remi - 07-23-2019, 02:38 AM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Jigano - 07-23-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Remi - 07-23-2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Jigano - 07-23-2019, 07:40 PM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Remi - 07-23-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: Rewrite the Stars - by Jigano - 07-23-2019, 09:13 PM