[Open] Boots, belts, bags, and pelts!
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
Doubt started to creep into his mind, cocksure as the salesmen tried to sound it was a valid question. Although what he thought was less of a worry than the time it would take and if it wasn't just a waste of time better spent elsewhere. A fresh pair would probably run her less than the labor and materials needed to fix up the boots, yet it was a challenge tickling his fancy in a particular way. A chance to do a deep foray into a branch of his craft he'd only dipped his toe in with discarded pairs of the same construction. What little he knew at least meant he would have somewhere to start, disassembly and taking stock of the work need doing. None of it would happen overnight though.

"I have no doubt!" he said and flashed a smile, mustering up a little bravado as given by a trust of his own skills in the one thing he knew. "What little life there's left in them I'll rekindle. They'll be seeing at least a dozen seasons before they'd need any more work, as long as you make sure to give them a little love now and then." he continued, gesturing as he spoke and drifting off as he started going through what he knew of welted shoes and even pondering if there wouldn't be a book or two in the Atheneum that could have some tips to get him up to speed. It was after all not the first time he'd seen shoes like hers, nor would it be the last, and the promise of bragging rights was enough to get him set on the idea.

"You know what, I'd even borrow you a loner pair til it's done. Seems fair what with leaving such prized possessions with a stranger, no?" he said, almost leaning in before realizing the little dragon was well within snapping range and he still wasn't sure Phoebe had it under control.

Messages In This Thread
[Open] Boots, belts, bags, and pelts! - by Are - 07-23-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: [Open] Boots, belts, bags, and pelts! - by Are - 07-30-2019, 07:03 PM