want it all
for Jigano! <3
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
She listens as best she can, before a smile flickers on her face, though whether it’s friendly or cold is another story. “And who is willing to do that?” She retorts, head tilting as she regards Jigano. She could bring another to the Ascended side, but as far as Rexanna knows, not many are asking. Bastien and her being the most recent ones to actively go and seek out the Voice to make their changes. She finds it unlikely others will start to follow suit, with the anxiety that’s involved around them.

And when Jigano asks him about everyone, her eyes flicker slightly as she looks away from him. “It’s been a constant thing since I arrived. At first, with Archebold… Which was understandable, but then it extended. People telling me to avoid them, but I couldn’t stay away. Not with Bastien, not with Lucas. They are my friends, despite it all.” She mentions as though she’s tallying it off. Her eyes land back on the pale haired man, a brow raised slightly. “And now, with this blight I’ve just learned of, everyone is on edge. They’re going to be looking for someone to blame, and it seems you have an idea of who.” She pauses with another tilt to her head.

But before she knows it, Jigano begins to go off on a tangent, not leaving room for much breath other than letting the Penumbra listen, to hear him out and see what he says, but the story quickly begins to pin the blame, to say that they had done such wrong to go into the Spire to release their goddess. Would he not do the same? She doesn’t know much of the Voice, but she does know of the goddess being trapped within, and she bites down on her lip to prevent herself from interrupting until she deems it absolutely necessary. “The Spire was a stronghold and a cage Jigano.” She announces quietly, a small amount of venom in her words. “It effected the Ascended just as much as it effects you.” If she still had dark tinged blood, her face would be flushed. “The Ascended perished within the Spire just the same. Lucas nearly died.

Do you think that if the other gods had pinned Safrin into a cage, and she called to you to let her out, that you wouldn’t do whatever you could?” She poises the question back to him. “How long would it have taken to figure it out? How long is it still and you don’t know what’s within it? How is that studying going?” There’s a bite to her voice, but she can’t help it. She won’t let someone try to tell her she’s made a terrible decision, when all she can see is the light. All she can see is her brightness shining through.

Perhaps the Demon had been created as a means to try and help her out of it, only having it be corrupted as well? What if it’s not the Voice so much as the Spire itself. She didn’t create it for herself, she was put there, as I recall.” But she pauses briefly, aiming to calm herself, but without a heart to beat rapidly and the need for air, she finds it does little to quell her mind. “For all the concerns you have of the Voice, she has done nothing but provide for us. To help us. And that is wrong because of coincidence?” She asks, before she stands.

She runs a pale hand through her dark hair before she looks toward Jigano once more. “I am not trying to stand in between the gods, I am simply trying to be the best me I can. Bastien showed me the tools, and I took them.” She pauses, sapphire gaze shuttering slightly, as though she’d never had that option before. Her life too far dictated by what others thought, and the way Jigano is responding to her new version of herself falls under that same feeling. But there’s a difference between this version of Rexanna and her old Abandoned self. The Penumbra simply doesn’t care anymore.
A Light That Never Goes Out.

Messages In This Thread
want it all - by Rexanna - 07-27-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: want it all - by Jigano - 07-27-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: want it all - by Rexanna - 07-27-2019, 11:21 PM
RE: want it all - by Jigano - 07-27-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: want it all - by Rexanna - 07-28-2019, 12:25 AM
RE: want it all - by Jigano - 07-28-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: want it all - by Rexanna - 07-28-2019, 01:03 AM
RE: want it all - by Jigano - 07-28-2019, 02:17 AM
RE: want it all - by Rexanna - 07-28-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: want it all - by Jigano - 07-29-2019, 03:04 AM