heathen’s kiss
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
For a moment, while he speaks, he wonders if he looks hard enough at her he might see the gears in her head moving. He’s confused her, and it’s plain as day on her face while he talks and he moves closer to her, her lips pursed in a frown of being lost in the conversation and the things he’s saying. He can’t help the light chuckle that leaves his lips, waiting for her response.

She’d either tell him to stay or go, but the question that leaves her lips makes his brow raise a smidge further as he looks down to her. That crooked grin making another appearance as he leans down to her ear. “I like you.” He reiterates before pulling away from her with a wink and withdraws fully to place his glass in the sink. “But if you don’t like me, then I can gather my things and go. Savor the lemon tarts later and lick my wounds in private.” He hums thoughtfully, eyes slipping from the sink to her with an arrogant smirk.

There’s a part of him that thinks she’ll backpedal hard, the play at the wounded ego. He’s not sure what’s changed, after all, she had been the one to come seek him out before (returning his shirt was beside the point, he thinks she just wanted to see him). And now she’s shocked he remains in her kitchen.
fight it
take the pain
ignite it
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Her cheeks turned bright red as he leaned down and whispered in her ear. She blinked, equal parts confused and surprised and...happy? Happy wasn't the right word but it was a good feeling. He pulled away and continued to speak, but somehow it just wasn't clicking. "Really?" she said at length, cheeks still red, staring at him wide-eyed. Of course, then she realized she sounded ridiculous and started to back-pedal. "I-I-I mean I just...me? I'm not...I'm not anything special though and you were a god apparently and I couldn't possibly...really?" she stuttered, doing absolutely nothing to pull herself out of her embarrassing hole.

"I'm sorry I just...did I miss something that was supposed to make that clear before?" she asked, looking rather pitiful as she stood there, a confused, broken mess of insecurity. She had thought she had known what was going on, but clearly not!
Phoebe
In a gentle way, you can shake the world
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
She seems surprised, and he can’t help the chuckle that leaves him at the sight. But then, as if on cue, she backpedals. For a moment Jata finds her reminiscent of a fish out of water, the way she bounces around her thoughts, eyes wide as she watches him, and he leans against the counter again, head tilting toward her. She mentions what he told her before, and his shoulders rise in a small shrug. “Like a god, didn’t say I was one. Didn’t have magic or all seeing eyes.” He winks to her. “If it helps, I didn’t fit in well with my family. That’s why I left. Of course they wouldn’t approve of me spending time with you, but they’re not here and that makes it all the more fun.” He admits, a wistful smile on his lips.

He wonders if his father can see him now, and he hopes perhaps the man chokes and dies on a grape.

She begins to wrap into herself and he crosses the distance to her, wrapping her up in his strong arms to tug her closer into him into a considerate hug. “But I’ll forgive you, just this once, for thinking you’re too out of my league.” He tells her into her hair, but the way he says it makes it seem as though he’s lower than her. He hopes she gets the hint. And it’s not like Jata has these incredible requirements. She’s already checked most of them off.
fight it
take the pain
ignite it
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Before she knew it she was wrapped up in his arms, face pressed against his chest, which forced her to stop blubbering about. Phoebe tilted her head up, looking at him wide eyed - though from his perspective it might be rather comical, given her nose and lips were still pressed to his chest, so all he would see were a big pair of pitiful brown eyes. "I don't think that though..." she said innocently. Hadn't she made that clear in her blathering on about how she wasn't anything special and he had been godlike in his home world?

But apparently he disagreed. He didn't think this was a one time fling. He...liked her for some reason. It made her heart flutter and stomach flip at the thought, unexpected as it was. "So...so if this wasn't a one night stand, what is going on then?" she asked innocently, her arms naturally moving to wrap around his waist. Did that mean they were a thing? Dating? Friends with benefits (oh but she didn't really like the idea of that)? What exactly was the state of things?
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He pulls her against his chest and glances down to her as she speaks, wide honey brown eyes drifting up to meet his as she speaks — muffled but there as he rumbles a quiet huff of laughter. His hand reaches up to brush away her hair from her shoulder, fingertips trailing along her ear gently. But he says nothing to it, listening while she questions what they were, soft arms lacing about his waist.

His shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. “I’d like to keep seeing you if that’s what you’re asking.” He says, pausing for a moment to let his steel gaze slip to her own. “I’m not much one for titles though, at least not until I know for sure it’ll work out.” He says as gently as he can, nose wrinkling slightly. “A thing, I suppose is the best word for it?” He tilts his head.

Besides, we only just met two days ago. I’d like to be your friend first.” He pauses to lower his head to her ear again. “What do you think?
fight it
take the pain
ignite it
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
A...thing?

She considered it quietly, still staring up at him as he brushes loose strands of hair out of her face. It...wasn't really her style to have things be so undefined. But, she had thought she just had a one night stand, which also wasn't her style. Perhaps it would be a good thing to branch out? He was kind and made her feel safe and had an almost gentle side to him despite his roguish demeanor. They were seeing each other, but not dating, not boyfriend and girlfriend...but not nothing either. A thing. A small smile curved her lips against his chest. A thing...it seemed appropriate to her, doable, almost like there were all the benefits and implied closeness of something more defined but without the weight of the titles. "A thing..." she said quietly, mulling it over.

Well. Why not?

"Okay. A thing then." she said with a small smile and a light laugh, her cheeks turning a little red.
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She mulls it over and his fingertips stroke her ear and hair gently while she does. Of course, if she told him no, it wouldn’t be the end of the world for him. His pride would be hurt, sure, but nothing he couldn’t recover from. But for a moment he thinks she might actually decline it, the silence panging on and on until eventually he feels her face on his chest shift to something different. A smile perhaps?

And then she agrees, and he pulls away briefly to give her a small smirk. “A thing it is.” He rumbles to her, leaning down to kiss her nose with a soft little boop of encouragement. She’d take some work, bringing up her confidence. But when it gets there? Perhaps they’d make the perfect pair. So long as she keeps taking his words at face value. It could absolutely work.

He pulls away a bit more but remains in her arms with a tilt to his head. “I don’t know what you had planned for today but I’m famished. And I need a shower.” He says with a drawl to his voice and a quiet chuckle.
fight it
take the pain
ignite it
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
She smiled as he pulled away and kissed her nose in a clearly affectionate way. Phoebe laughed a little, smiling at him as he straightened. A thing. Yes. The more she thought on it the more she liked it. She let her hands drop, her fingers catching his on the way down. A shower and food - both things she could easily supply. "The shower is through that door there. There's towels and soap, but if you need something else let me know. I can make breakfast." she said with a smile. The door to the shower room was near the back door. It was small, with a little shelf with towels and various toiletries, a small washbasin and a mirror. The shower itself was stone with a pretty blue-grey curtain. Like everywhere else in the clinic, there were little homey touches.

Phoebe set to work making breakfast then though, putting a kettle on for some tea first. Then she set to frying some bacon and eggs, tossing some cinnamon rolls in the oven. She always had cinnamon rolls prepped and ready to bake, being one of her favorite foods. She hummed lightly to herself as she worked, keeping an ear open in case Sunjata called and needed something of course.
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her fingers catch his as his arms drop from her, and he gives them a gentle squeeze as she explains where the bathroom is, and he leans down to kiss her cheek gently with a small wink. “Who knows, I just might need something else.” He hums to her with a joking tone to his attitude before he pulls away and heads toward the shower. He passes by the door where the lemon tarts and his clean shirt were set aside and grabs it as he heads in.

He debates as he showers, whether or not to call her and have her join him, but he settles on letting their previous conversation settle a bit more. He cleans up quickly and easily, smelling the scent of breakfast seep into the bathroom. And his stomach growls this terrible sound that he huffs about before he dries off. It takes him some time to get presentable, but when he is, he’s donning the new shirt as he emerges and moves back toward the kitchen.

Cinnamon rolls too? I’m going to need to start working out.” He offers to her with a laugh before he sits at the table, eyes lingering on her as his finger combed hair drips a drop of water onto his shirt.
fight it
take the pain
ignite it
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
She blinks at him, confused by his statement at first. Well...yes, he might need something else which is why...oh. Oh. Her cheeks flared red then, but he had already retreated into the bathroom. Clearly he was quite the flirt! That was something she was going to have to get used to if she was ever going to survive this thing without constantly blushing. But soon enough her mind is off of it, focusing on making breakfast.

When he finally came back out and sat, she brought him a plate and a cup of tea to wash it all down. It was quite nice cooking for someone other than herself. Pim came trotting in at that point, looking for his own breakfast - a nice big plate of meat scraps and a few bones to chew on that she set on the floor for him. "They are my favorite, so I make them a lot." she admitted with a smile his direction before she came over with her own plate, which had less than half the amount of food she had served him. "So uhm..." she said after a moment, allowing him to dig into his breakfast. "How often will I see you?" she asked, wondering how much being a thing involved.
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He watches as she brings over tea and a plate heaping with food, but his eyes slip over to the dragon momentarily as Pim seeks out his own food. When Phoebe sits, his gaze slips back up to her as he begins to dive into his food, a bit more refined as he lifts his fork to his mouth and looks to her as she speaks.

He spends a moment before responding to chew and swallow before he sets the fork down and picks up his tea. “That depends…” He pauses, taking a drink of it before letting his hand hover in the air as his eyes slip back to her. “How often do you want to see me?” He tilts his head with the question before setting the tea down and focusing a bit more. The Devil’s Advocates hadn’t done much recently; and he had quite an open schedule.

I’m pretty open so it’s all up to you.” He gives her a smirk before picking up his fork again and taking a bite again.
fight it
take the pain
ignite it
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
She blushed again, for almost no reason it felt like. It was just something in the way he looked at her, and spoke to her that made her react that way. The only other person she had ever met that managed to make her blush every time they opened their mouth was Frey - but that usually had more to do with the content of their words. Phoebe bit her lip and glanced down at her cinnamon roll, unsure what to say in response. "Uhm..."

But...why did have to be how often she wanted to see him? That almost seemed like all the work to maintain whatever feelings were making this a thing were being put on her. And she didn't want to be in that position again.

"I think I'd rather know how often you want to see me." she said quietly, glancing back up at him. She was curious, just how much time and effort being a thing was to him. He liked her but...she had put her heart and soul into a man before and been burned. She wanted to be chased a little bit, she wanted to see him put some effort forth before she let herself fall like that again.
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Uhm.” She says again and his gaze slips up to her face again, a brow raising slightly. She grows quiet, and he lets her this time, letting her figure out her words before she responds with something a bit different than he was anticipating. He absentmindedly twirls his fork along the plate as he considers the question, eyes drifting down to the half eaten plate before him. “Well, if I had my choice, it would be a lot.” He snorts, lifting his head up to meet her gaze with his own. “I do have work to do, but…” He pauses to consider again, eyes trailing along her pale face to her cheekbones and lips before he sets his fork down to grab his tea again.

It would be nice to sleep in a warm bed at night.” He offers, eyes darting to her again as he drinks the tea. “Unless of course that’s too much for you...” He trails off, that same charm residing in the smile he gives her. Not a rogue grin, not crooked, but a simple nice smile.
fight it
take the pain
ignite it
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Contrary to the hesitation his last statement held, she smiled brightly when he said he would want to see her a lot. Of course, this expression was emphasized by the fact that she had taken a big bite of cinnamon roll, so her cheeks were puffed, rather chipmunk like. She did have the manners to smile before talking of course, but she was clearly pleased with what he said. "I would like that too." she said brightly. It was...a nice change actually. He wanted to spend time with her, rather than making her feel like she was just something on a to do list.

"I have a lot of research I am doing lately, so I will probably be at the college a lot or in the Greatwood...and that would probably bore you but you're always welcome there." she explained. "But...it would be nice to see you here too, rather than being alone all the time."
Phoebe