heathen’s kiss
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
i am the ocean, i am the sea
He explains easily, eyes watchful as Phoebe stands and begins to grab the plates. He forgoes his fork in lieu of listening to her response, eyes focusing on the table briefly before he glances about the clinic and kitchen again while she cleans. But when she speaks of being common, he nods in understanding. “I helped a lot of the commoners.” He adds, eyes drifting from the room around them to her while she smiles to him. “If you’re a god and you rebel, you get your head cut off.” He replies rather darkly before shaking his head, exhaling slightly before looking back up at her as she speaks of her family.

A small family of that size has Jata’s brow lifting slightly, but he nods in understanding – listing the name Remi in the back of his mind for a later date. If he plans on sticking around her, he at least needs to not arise suspicion with him of all people. Luckily for him, the Devil’s Advocates have been mostly underground with their work, hidden away, and his face never seen within it. He sits up a bit more fully as Phoebe brings over the containers, and he gives her a wide grin and quiet chuckle of a breathless laugh. “How considerate.” He says, placing the containers on the table before him, before he stands to look down at her with a softness to his smoldering gaze.

I’d hazard to say you’ve made a name for yourself here, so you’re already doing better than most.” His voice is soft, quiet, as he searches for her honey brown eyes. “And this Remi, should he be someone I meet to ask permission about giving you swimming lessons? If we spend more time together, I'd rather not have him upset by it.” He tilts his head to the side, wondering if Remi is the type of man to react like a father – wondering if she’s so traditional that he has to meet her brother before a rendezvous. It's a slip in his nature, a slip in his traditions - you always asked the man of the house to spend time with the girl, unless of course, you rebelled.

But she spoke so fondly of him, he can't help but to think she's not that type. At least not yet. And so he waits, to see what kind of reaction it gathers, while his eyes simmer in anticipation.
there is a world inside of me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
She paled a bit, hearing the punishment for rebelling in his world. ”You’re awfully brave to have rebelled then.” she said, equal parts impressed by his bravery and curious as to what had been so awful to force him to such lengths. But she didn’t think she actually wanted to know, so she didn’t ask.

Her head tilted up to look at him, cheeks blushing from the way he looked at her and how close he stood. She didn’t usually feel so small, being fairly tall herself, but he made quite the exception to that rule. Made a name for herself though? She tilted her head to the side in consideration. ”Well, at any rate, I believe I am the only practicing midwife in town.” she said, supposing that would be enough to consider herself having some sort of reputation. But she didn’t really know, if she was being honest, still assuming that people wouldn’t notice someone as plain as her.

His second question though really took her off guard, her face turning crimson. It was pretty difficult to not get the hint of what his intention was – you didn’t just ask for permission to see a girl if it was just something friendly. That meant he was…was he really…oh goodness. ”U-uhhh…” she stammered, suddenly at a loss for words, not having seen this twist coming whatsoever. ”N-no…no Remi isn’t like that. He trusts me to make my own decisions.” she finally managed.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He nods in response to her, quiet and watchful in a considerate way as she comments about being the only practicing midwife in town. There’s a flicker to his eyebrow as if to say “yes, see, that’s something.” before he focuses on her a bit more, the way she doesn’t move away from him, the way he doesn’t move from her. And as he asks his next question and she stumbles, stammering over her words and turning a deep shade of beet red, he chuckles to her — breathy and deep, before he reaches up with a hand to tuck a stray piece of her hair behind her ear. He leans a bit forward then, to where his lips hover by the ear, and there’s a smile that lingers in his voice when he speaks to her.

Then we’re on the same page.” He hums, a soft whisper in her ear. He withdraws his head, rolling back a bit on his heels as he looks to her with those same steely gaze as before. Teasing is his nature, and for the moment it’s far too fun with Phoebe here to not go through with it. He then aims to pick up her hand, soft and porcelain in his callused rough ones before lifting it to his lips and kissing the back of her hand before dipping his head to her, lowered just slightly before his gaze snaps to hers again. “If dinner is the payment for the lessons, I’ll show you any time you want. Anything you want.” He hums with a quiet smirk on his lips. Let her think swimming, or anything else that pretty innocent mind can come up with.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She freezes, stock still, like a deer caught in headlights as he reaches to tuck her hair behind her ear. From behind her, Pim watches closely, tail flicking slightly, the predator in him sensing a similar disposition in this fellow. But for now the dragonling remains in his spot by his meticulously licked clean food bowl. Unlike her dragon though, Phoebe lacked the bravado to do anything but stare in wide-eyed surprise, her heart feeling like it might hammer out of her chest from the sudden, unexpected closeness.

He leaned down, and whispered in her ear, his breath against her skin sending a shiver down her spine. Again, not in a bad way just…different. Was it because she knew he had been someone important, and that he was paying her any attention at all seemed uncanny? She wasn’t certain. She also wasn’t certain what page they were apparently both on. Her cheeks flare red again, catching on that he might be hinting at something other than swimming, and for another moment she was rendered speechless. ”W-well my schedule is usually pretty open to whatever…I mean unless I’ve a patient or something…” she stuttered, feeling a little stupid and lame for not having more difficult availability. ”Whatever works for you should be fine for me.”
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He withdraws a bit more fully this time, a grin spreading across where his smirk was previously while she stumbles once more about how open her schedule is. He leans back on his heels again before he nods and slides past her, just enough to brush his arm against her own as he does so. He moves over toward the door briefly to put on his shoes before he returns to her to grab the containers, taking a good look at her as he does so.

Then, he makes his way toward the door with a wink sent her direction. “Soon, I hope.” He rumbles to her, grabbing onto the containers tightly and slipping away back out into the street toward his home.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
The entire time, Phoebe stood stock still in her spot, simply watching as if completely unable to move a single limb – and really it felt that way. It was unclear to her why he had this effect on her, but she was certain she had never met anyone quite like him before. Perhaps that was why? But once the door latch clicked shut, she breathed a sigh (was it of relief?), as though whatever spell he had cast had been lifted. Still in a bit of a daze she finished cleaning and made her way to bed, not sure what to make of her evening.

The next day she rose early and did the washing, making sure to clean and dry Sunjata’s shirt as well. She figured it was better to return it sooner rather than later, even if he hadn’t seemed particularly attached to it. While it dried on a line out back, she baked some treats as well – lemon bars – because…because. She wasn’t sure why. She supposed since she was bringing his shirt, she may as well bring him something yummy too, and he had said he liked lemon.

So with his nicely washed and folded shirt, and a little bag of lemon bars she headed out, asking around after him, in hopes of finding where he lived to give him his belongings and goodies.
Phoebe
Be gentle to all and stern with yourself
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
If he’s being honest, he doesn’t expect to get the shirt back — least of all so soon. And so it slips his mind as he makes it home and goes about the rest of his evening (mostly lounging, finding a shirt, showering the oasis water from him) and when the morning came, he put himself together. An unbuttoned shirt, a jacket over it, hair nicely combed. He was on his way for another adventure, to see the rest of what this boringly dreadful town had to offer. He slipped from the door out into the streets, Phoebe having been momentarily forgotten from his mind.

That is until he turns around from the doorstep, takes one step, and collides with someone. Surprisingly hard as well, and he stumbles a bit before he looks up with a raised eyebrow, arms sneaking out to grab onto the person for support. He bites his tongue from a nasty retort, eyes softening as his mind tries to catch up.
not yet corpses,
still we rot
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe let out a squeak of alarm as she suddenly ran into someone. Her hair flew forward first, the thick blonde locks in his face likely the first indicator of who he had run into. But unfortunately for Sunjata who tried to grab her, he was not only much taller, but nearly double her weight; so she didn't just fall, she fell hard and fast. "Oof!" The noise wasn't purposeful, but a reaction to suddenly finding herself on her bottom on the ground, her pale pink skirt splayed out around her but fortunately still covering the important bits.

Her eyes squeezed closed, sucking air through her teeth with a hiss, her face pressed towards the shirt and satchel she clutched protectively to her chest. It didn't just hurt falling on her butt like that, but it had felt rather like she had run into a brick wall. Pim trilled in alarm running up to her side, sniffing at her with concern. "I'm okay, Pim, thanks." she muttered to the dragon before looking up. "I'm so sorry, I didn't...Sunny?" she said, blinking in surprise.
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Oh and catch up, he did. His eyes scanned over the person and when it registered his brows raised with alarm. “Shit!” He curses under his breath, arms too slow to catch her as she falls. But he’s there, as well as the dragon, as he tries to give her an awkward smile and a strong arm to help her lift herself off the ground. She speaks to the dragon first, understandably, and then she looks up to him and his surprises face. ‘Sunny?’ She questions and his eyes narrow a fraction, an unnoticeable amount as he offers a wider smile, to cover his mistake.

Phoebe, I didn’t see you. I’m sorry.” He offers, steel gaze looking her over to make sure she’s mostly okay until she stands. His eyes instinctively go to the shirt in her clutches and he chuckles softly. “I wasn’t, uh, expecting you to have that back to me so fast.” He says unhelpfully.
not yet corpses,
still we rot
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Pim nuzzled his nose at her face, licking her cheek, which tingled with electricity. She laughed a bit and patted his head. "Yes, yes, it's all good." she said to to worried dragonling before taking Sunjata's arm to help her stand. "No, no I'm sorry I should have been looking where I was going." she said, rubbing the top of her nose (which was a little red from the impact) with her free hand. "You are a very hard thing to run into though." she said with a light laugh.

Once steady on her feet, she held out the shirt to him, smiling up at him. "I wanted to make sure you got it back quickly, since you borrowed it to me. You said you were pretty new so I didn't know if you had enough change of clothes without it." she explained. Then she held out the little back. "And I brought you some lemon bars I made. They uh...they might be a little smooshed now though...but they will still taste good!" she said brightly.
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She takes his arm, and he lifts her up — finding her to be surprisingly light all things considered, before he shrugs his shoulders. He reaches up with a hand to rub the back of his neck before he chuckles at her next comment. “So I’ve been told a few times.” He mumbles before his hands drop to his sides to take the shirt. “Swimming, mostly.” He jests to her with a wink before his gaze follows the bag of goodies. His smirk shifts to a smile and he takes them as well, “If it’s anything like the cake last night I’m sure they’re incredible.” He compliments before his steel gaze notices the small red mark on her nose and his brows furrow.

He reaches out with his free hand, to touch her elbow gently. “You took a pretty hard fall, though, so you need to relax a bit?” His head tilts, figuring that he’d take her back to the clinic where she had all sorts of medicines for likely a bruised tailbone or whatever else had happened.
not yet corpses,
still we rot
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
She was actually rather surprised by his strength. He looked strong, but not quite as strong as he clearly was. His wink made her blush a bit, unsure what to say at first. But as he grinned at receiving the lemon bars, she smiled too. He had a rather handsome smile she thought, when he actually did smile, not just a smirk. "I actually think they are more lemony than the cake." she admitted with a smile.

The touch on her elbow made her blush, glancing down at it, but it deepened with his concerned words. "Oh, it's alright, I'm tougher than I look." she said with a smile and a light laugh. "Where were you headed to in such a rush?"
Phoebe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He eyes her smile briefly, chuckling as she replies that they’re more lemony. “I did say lemon was my favorite.” He rumbles to her with a light shrug. Head tilting slightly as he pulls his arm away from her own, eyes drifting along her face, from her eyes to lingering on her lips briefly. But she seemed tougher than she looked, as she replies to him and he rolls his shoulder in an easy shrug. “Just trying to figure out more of my surroundings.” He replies honestly, rolling his shoulders again with a shrug.

I didn’t have plans, so if you did want to go back to the clinic to relax and take something for the fall, we can.” He replies honestly, head tilting toward hers before he looks to those inhabiting the street. “Or you should show me something new?” He cocks his head with a chuckle. His voice is somewhat flirtatious while his eyes shift back and linger on her face while he questions it — waiting, knowing she’ll blush once again.
not yet corpses,
still we rot
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe smiled and nodded at him. "I know. I remembered." she said. When he said he was just trying to figure out his surroundings, she nodded in understanding. "It can be a little maze like at first. But if you ever are looking for something specific I would be happy to help." she said with a bright smile.

She would have blushed again. She started to blush again. But then she was suddenly jerked backwards. Pim had snatched up her skirts and tugged as hard as he could back towards her clinic. "Pim!" she huffed at him in irritation, which earned her a roar from him in return. Phoebe sighed and shook her head. "He wants me to go back and rest and will make a complete nuisance of himself if I don't." she grumbled.
Phoebe