flaw in my code
for Nephele <3
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 61 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nephele feels a flush take over her pale skin at the bold wink thrown her way. Only she was allowed to do that, obviously. "I'll pass along the outstanding review, maybe it'll lure more people in," she purrs, finding her emotional center rather swiftly. Kiada's laughter is like a compliment to her ability to hold a somewhat stable, working conversation. It's also very pleasing to listen to, warming her from the inside. Neph is unfamiliar with the workings of friendship. Fae were not greatly inclined towards them, especially with civil war and bloodletting always so close to the surface of their society. Having to turn your back on a friend or loved one would be unbearable, and with their inability to lie it made trying to continue friendships without revealing sides almost impossible. She'd had Eriadne since they'd shared a womb, and had never felt she needed more than that. But...perhaps Outlanders did not share the same inherent need for war and mischief that the Fae did. That was something she couldn't help but yearn for in her heart of hearts, what led her to sit so immediately beside this stranger.

She isn't sure if she likes that.

Instead she focuses on the newly-dubbed Auni, a loving smile pulling at her lips as she happily gives him more of the attention he desires. "I will happily enable his gluttony," she states primly, laughing delightedly when Auni shoves himself further onto his back in search of rubs and scratches on his belly. It's easier to listen with the distraction of his cuteness, focusing on the way her fingers part the sea of white and grey, leaving trails where her touch has landed.

Tension draws along her shoulders for a moment at the mention of the Great Turtle. Keeps her eyes still where they are, no matter how she wants to snap them over to Kiada. "Does the memory of your encounter haunt or help you?" she asks quietly, keeping her gaze averted so as not to pressure the woman. Whether she deigned to answer one of the creatures who'd sent her to that fate was yet to be seen.

A scowl quickly morphs her face into a twisted, angry thing. "The Blight," she spits hatefully, eyes burning hazel as she works to not clench her hands in Auni's fur. "I am a botanist, and its disease eludes me. The creature that came with it deserves to stay gone, as does the rest of the infection," she vents in a hissing stream of words, her accent slipping through and making it sound like a fierce whistle of wind between birch branches, wanting to fall into her natural Fae language. Taking a concentrated breath, she releases it slowly through her nose and resumes her petting.

"That is why I came here, to find ingredients to begin my own research for new potential cures. Instead I found you, though I suppose I could try to use you as an ingredient," Nephele jokes as she finally turns to look at the woman once more, trying to rid herself of the anger and hopelessness in her breast at the mention of the Blight.

Your goodness must have some edge to it -- else it is none

Messages In This Thread
flaw in my code - by Kiada - 07-30-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: flaw in my code - by Nephele - 08-01-2019, 01:58 AM
RE: flaw in my code - by Kiada - 08-02-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: flaw in my code - by Nephele - 08-07-2019, 10:58 PM
RE: flaw in my code - by Kiada - 08-08-2019, 04:36 AM
RE: flaw in my code - by Nephele - 08-09-2019, 11:51 PM
RE: flaw in my code - by Kiada - 08-10-2019, 06:19 AM
RE: flaw in my code - by Nephele - 08-10-2019, 07:36 AM
RE: flaw in my code - by Kiada - 08-15-2019, 05:06 AM
RE: flaw in my code - by Nephele - 08-28-2019, 02:03 AM