any stranger I choose
Mercutio Kingston
Medic

Age: 38 | Height: 6’3” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The man is careful, deferential making himself clear to be no threat as he offers the package of meat to the first hungry wolf he stumbles upon in the woods. It’s so stupidly endearing that every denial that Mercutio tries to summon falls flat in an instant. Who fucking does that? The same adorable fucking idiots who invite strangers back to their home and play tour-guide to self-professed scoundrels, that’s who!

When Cera speaks his own name, Mercutio tries to fathom how one can fly and fall all at once. The handful of months in the desert had been like a fever dream; the fleeting pleasures of a  lighthearted flirtation set against the backdrop of a war waged by gods and still Mercutio had no idea how he’d let himself become caught up in it… Caught up in him. And here again—same eyes, same attitude, same voice—is the Golden Prince.

The wolf stalks forward, ignoring the meat laid in offering, and his posture prominently displays his state of high dudgeon. His ears are pinned back and tail straight but instead of a wolfy growl, his grumbles are more doglike, annoyed, as he internally begs the universe for this to be some sort of mistake. He shoves his nose into the man’s hip snuffling furiously and makes a circuit of him smelling anywhere within his reach. When his circuit brings him around to Cera’s front he nips out and takes a hold of the man’s shirt front to give it a sharp tug and a shake. Then for a moment the wolf, shirt-in-mouth, just stares of at Cera. How fucking dare you?

Then let us mock with ancient mirth this comic, cosmic plan;
The stars are laughing at the earth; God’s greatest joke is man.

The lines of the old poem trip through his mind; surely this is the stars are laughing at him now. Because here, now, was that same sunshine-bright spark in human form and Mercutio WAS A FUCKING WOLF?!

He’s never been above dramatics and he lets the moment break, giving into the most outrageous doggy tantrum. He flops heavily onto his back at Cera’s feet, and, because it doesn’t once occur that the mind-speech Ashe taught him might work on anything but other wolves, Mercutio whines so heinously out of his canine mouth that it’s as if he can just about form human speech again.
Mercutio
go take this the wrong way
you knew who I was
with every step that I ran to you

Messages In This Thread
any stranger I choose - by Mercutio - 07-30-2019, 07:44 AM
RE: any stranger I choose - by Cera - 08-07-2019, 05:09 AM
RE: any stranger I choose - by Mercutio - 08-09-2019, 03:35 AM
RE: any stranger I choose - by Cera - 08-09-2019, 05:22 AM
RE: any stranger I choose - by Mercutio - 08-09-2019, 06:26 AM
RE: any stranger I choose - by Cera - 08-09-2019, 07:19 AM
RE: any stranger I choose - by Mercutio - 08-09-2019, 08:01 AM